Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Watt Stopper ltg cntrl interferes with projectors

gemmons

Dec 2, 2009
I am in charge of our projection system and lighting system at our church. I am an electrician with some electronics background - 8 1/2 years communications repair in the Marine Corps. I designed the projection system and computer layout and have had no problems I couldn't handle, until recently.
I installed a Watt Stopper lighting control system for our general lighting in the sanctuary. I have 12 - 600watt dimmers and 4 - 2000watt dimmers in use. They are remote controlled from a keypad in the video room so that I can dim the lights as needed. When the 2000watt dimmers are ON there is a 3' wide low frequency noise bar that scrolls through my projection, and a hum on the audio line. When the 2000watt dimmers are OFF there isn't any problem. Also, when the 2000watt dimmers are ON there is an audible hum in the video room.
The power for the lights is totally separate from the power for the video room. They do, however, come from the same electrical panel.
Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? An engineer, that attends our church, was going to take a short VGA cable and wrap it around a toroid several times to see if that would work. He's been busy and hasn't had time to do it yet.