Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wacom Cintiq 21 UX cord repair

Greg Porr

Dec 4, 2016
I have a Wacom Cintiq 21 UX purchased around 2009 and have been having problems with the display - one portion of the cord where it separates into 3 different extensions (see attached) is showing some exposure and initially, depending on it's postion, i could get the display to work. then the color was compromised. Now i don't get anything but a dark screen (power on) no matter how i position the cord. Wacom refuses to attempt any repair as they said it is out of warranty and it is impossible to fix it, then made the hard sell for a new tablet. Thanks sales guy. I don't want to chuck my 21 - Anyone have any thoughts or a lead to someone who might be able to take a look at it?
thanks,
Greg

Attachments

• IMG_1721.JPG
    IMG_1721.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 184

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Wacom refuses to attempt any repair as they said it is out of warranty and it is impossible to fix it, then made the hard sell for a new tablet

not surprising

can they not supply just a replacement cord ?? did you ask ?

Anyone have any thoughts or a lead to someone who might be able to take a look at it?

it would be a little difficult to repair
that plastic molding would have to be gently sliced away a little at a time to reveal how the cables connect inside it

Greg Porr

Dec 4, 2016
thanks for the reply...they (wacom) just kind of stopped the conversation about repair - i expressed my desire to find some solution to salvage it and they just pointed me toward a new purchase. I was hoping i might find someone who might have some expertise in regards to the cable itself..:(

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I was hoping i might find someone who might have some expertise in regards to the cable itself..:(

find a local techie guy in your local area a mate, mate's mate etc LOL
show them and see if they are willing to slice away the plastic and make a repair

That's about your only real repair choice

Dave