Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wacom 21UX works as monitor but pen support is dead - UK

monsterism

Jun 14, 2018
Found this site after googling 21UX dead, and I was hoping someone here hopefully in the UK who can help.

My beloved 21UX support for pen has suddenly died, I assumed it was the pen but after testing with new different styluses and then trying it with two different computers. I come the conclusion its has developed a hardware fault. It still displays a picture though but at the moment that is pretty useless to me as I need to use it for drawing.

Can anyone help please? as Wacom are not responding.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Looks like you'll need to get into the machine to do some checks. First line of investigation would be at the various connectors for the touch screen and/or pen sensor circuitry.

I suspect it may be a simple PSU problem with local capacitors suffering the usual 'bulging' problems.

monsterism

Jun 14, 2018
Looks like you'll need to get into the machine to do some checks. First line of investigation would be at the various connectors for the touch screen and/or pen sensor circuitry.

I suspect it may be a simple PSU problem with local capacitors suffering the usual 'bulging' problems.

Is there anyone here who could help?, I have no clue at all?.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Take the back off it - take some pictures (good resolution, in focus etc) and let's have a look!

monsterism

Jun 14, 2018
Sure, however, is there any one here if I we find the fault which can fix this. As I needed this repaired for my course, and I be happy to pay if its not too much.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Postage to/from someone prepared to fix it, plus any fee they may charge, may be a significant percentage of the cost of replacement.

If the fault is 'obvious' you might be able to source a replacement board or, if it goes down to a single (or couple of) component(s) you could invest in a soldering iron and change the parts yourself for a total cost of under £10-£20.

Let's establish a base point first - pictures of the innards etc and see if we can both make it cheaper for you as well as easier.