Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Vizio flickering

rscott99

Oct 13, 2018
Hello,

I have a Vizio tv M550VSE and the screen is flickering between bright and noticeably dimmer. The picture never goes away, just flickers bright/dim. I took the back cover off and inspected the PCB's, no issues observed........all capacitors look perfect. I am willing to try a new PCB if I can determine which board. I see a PSU board and the LED driver PCB. Photos attached. Which PCB is most likely the culprit?

Attachments

• tv4.JPG
    tv4.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 9
  • tv3.JPG
    tv3.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 9
  • tv2.JPG
    tv2.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 8
  • tv1.JPG
    tv1.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 9

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
LED failure imminent. Only solution is LED strip replacement - these are 'sided' (you need to know if it's a 'left' or 'right' fitting board.

Flickering will only last for so long. Such TV sets have protection circuitry that detects when there are anomalies with the LED driving arrangement and will shut the backlight off (sometimes the whole TV) if the issue gets critical i.e. an LED goes short or open.

The LED boards are available but swapping them out isn't for the feint hearted. It means removing the LCD panel from the frame - a very delicate operation with attendant potential for damage. Difficulty varies between sets. Best get hold of the technical drawings for the process.