Maker Pro
Maker Pro

VISTA 15P - CHECK I07 MESSAGE

franck

Sep 16, 2018
Hi every one, I'm trying to program a Honeywell VISTA 15P system in that house I just bought.

I could set up 1wireless smoke alarm,1 door contact and 1 motion sensor (all wireless)
These sensors originally came with the system.

It worked just fine until I tried to install 3 new wireless sensors (bought on amazone)
- 2 x 5816 door contact
- 1 x 5800PIR motion sensor
Since then, my system shows a "I07 CHECK" message (VERIFIER is french for CHECK)

Even if revert to factory settings (*97) and restart from scratch, the error shows as soon as I set a sensor up.
Can anyone help?

Greetings from Montreal, qc

Attachments

• IMG_0858.JPG
    IMG_0858.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
"CHECK/VERIFIER 107" indicates that there is a trouble with a Hardwired Zone Expander programmed for Address 7, either a 4219 or 4229 PCB wired to your Vista-15P Control Panel, usually in or near the Panel's cabinet. The Hardwired Expander is connected to your Panel (the Vista-15P) on the same terminals as your 5882 RF (wireless) Receiver, i.e., Panel Terminals 4, 5, 6, 7. You may have lost or loosened one of the wires to the Expander when you were working with the RF Receiver.

Terminals 4,5,6, & 7 tend to get physically crowded with too many wires: All the peripheral data devices (Keypads, RF Receiver, HW Zone Expander(s), Voice Modules, etc, etc, are connected to those same 4 terminals and I know from years of personal experience how easy it is for a loose wire to hide in the bunch crammed into a too-small screw terminal. When connecting wires in bunches, give each individual wire (not the group) a strong tug to make sure it's firmly connected.

Edit: I have assumed that you haven't physically worked on the 4219/4229 PBC in its housing since your system was working okay. There is a tamper switch on the PCB that will cause the same symptom if the cover is not firmly closed and if you haven't disabled the tamper function at the PCB's dipswitch setting.

If you don't have a Hardwired Zone Expander (4219 or 4229), then this would be the time to mention it. Your Control Panel thinks you do, and it thinks it covers zones 9 through 16. Is that how your zones are programmed?

Last edited:

franck

Sep 16, 2018
Thanks for your response ChosunOne. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I have a hardwired zone expander. Please see attached photos of my panel. That would mean I need to mention it to my control panel. Can you tell me how to do this? And yes, you're right, my zones were originally programmed from 10 to 13.

Attachments

• IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0870.JPG
    IMG_0870.JPG
    266.6 KB · Views: 15

franck

Sep 16, 2018
Chosun one, I don't have any other module than the main control panel pictured in my previous photos. No 5882RF, no 4219 PBC... I assumed that the 6150RF offered wireless capabilites

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
The Control Panel looks for a hardwire zone expander if you program any zone as an "Auxilliary Wired" (AW) zone in *56 Zone Programming.

I have to assume you have a two-line Alphanumeric Keypad, a 6160 or equivalent, even though the picture in your first post shows a Fixed-Language Keypad display. Use the 6160 and go Panel programming, then into *56 Zone Programming and look at the Summary Screen Display for each zone.

Do NOT attempt this with the keypad shown in the picture in your first post. You MUST have a 2-line Alphanumeric Keypad to navigate in the *56 Menu Zone Programming.

Assuming your Zone 10 covers your entry/exit door, the Summary Screen display will look something like this:
Zn ZT P RC In: L
10 01 1 10 RF: 2

On the top line is description of entry: Zn (Zone number), ZT (Zone type), P (partition), RC (Report Code), In: (Input); and L (Loop number).
On the bottom line, under each description is the program entry. Since I'm making guesses at how your system is configured, some of the bottom line entries in my example may not be what you have, What we're concerned with is what is under the next-to-last entry, "In:" All of the zones should be programmed as "RF". If one of them is programmed as "AW", then that's why the Panel is looking for an Expander. Change that entry to "RF" and then you'll need to enter "2" under the "L", assuming you are using the 5816 with just a magnet and not an externally wired contact.

EDIT: If you don't have a 6160 or equivalent keypad, this would definitely be the time to mention it; and tell me how the Dickens you set the system up without it!?

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
Chosun one, I don't have any other module than the main control panel pictured in my previous photos. No 5882RF, no 4219 PBC... I assumed that the 6150RF offered wireless capabilites

You're right, and that was my error about the 5882 Receiver. I tend to forget the RF Keypads when my focus is on something else. I realized my false assumption when I saw the wires on 4,5,6,7.

franck

Sep 16, 2018
Chosunone, I'll give it a try and let you know. Thank you so much for your help!
:)

franck

Sep 16, 2018
Chosunone, you were right. Because of my fixed text keypad, I was blindly inputing data using *56 and was erroneously programming zones as Auxilliary Wired. Thank you very much!

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
You're welcome, glad I could help. Thanks for letting us know the outcome. Feedback always helps me know that I'm giving good advice.

Over the years on DIY forums, I've seen a lot of Users try to "fly blind" in *56 programming without an Alpha Keypad. It rarely ends well. Could have been worse---you might have programmed your front door to respond like a smoke sensor.