Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Van project fm and ir headache please help

Ianb36

May 2, 2018
newbie here
So I’ve fitted a had flip down monitor in my project van
It gives out fm or infrared audio signals no audio out cable
I’ve fitted a small,personal fm radio next to the monitor with an audio jack going from the headphone jack to a Bluetooth speaker with aux in
Relieves the signal,but a lot of hissing not very good when a film is on
They sell it headphones so my question is
Is there an ir receiver with output jack or could I somehow adapt a set of headphones somehow so can use the speaker don’t want to use headphones
Thanks in advance hope someone can help

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Why not just program your in-van radio tuner to a clear part of the spectrum and use that for audio via FM?

Ianb36

May 2, 2018
because i want to be able to listen to the radio or usb seperate from the rear tv bit if that makes sense
so kids can watch films while i drive to music

Ianb36

May 2, 2018
No ideas from anyone
Come on must be someone who knows
Please

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
or could I somehow adapt a set of headphones somehow so can use the speaker don’t want to use headphones
There's absolutely no reason why you can't connect wires to the speaker(s) - via a suitable resistive divider to get the signal down to the level required by the audio input (amplifier).

If you're not interested in the headphones at all then take them apart down to the component (board) level and repackage it to suit - even encasing it in heat-shrink and stuffing it behind the radio would do!

Ianb36

May 2, 2018
So
If I striped the headphones out
Would it work if I disconnected the wires from the little speaker inside and connect the wires to a jack plug then into the Bluetooth speaker
If so say red and black on the speaker which colour to where on the new jack plug
Thanks

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Depends on the main audio driver really - some are bridged outputs and some single-ended - but, yes, that's the basic principle.

The red wire would go to the tip, the black to the sleeve (of the jack plug) - you might have to short the two 'tip' connects to get a mono signal.

If you could post a close-up image of the audio board from the headset we could determine what type of output you have and whether or not additional parts are required (usually a simple blocking capacitor).

Ianb36

May 2, 2018
ok thanks
i will order headphones
, strip them take pics and get back to you
thanks again