Maker Pro
Maker Pro

using a counter cd4516 in ltspice to count the number of ramp down period

rizvi

Oct 27, 2017
hello everyone
i wish to use the cd4516 in ltspice to count the number of cycles of source to discharge the integrator fully.
i want a binary output from counter, as expected i am currently getting an output in the form of waveforms. is there a way to directly get binary data at the output.
thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 7.07.41 PM.png .

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Q1 to Q4 provide a binary output. Or do you mean something which displays a numerical value?
If the latter, perhaps use a behavioual voltage source to give a voltage proportional to the binary value.
Welcome to EP!

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
(LT)Spice is an analog simulator. Of course it will give you waveforms as the simulation result. So will any other simulator. You have to interpret the waveforms as digital signals to reconstruct the data in a format that is better suited to readability by humans.

Alec's idea is good. It will provide an analog voltage proportional to the digital output code of the counter. Note, however, this too is only a waveform.
If you want the counter's output being displayed as e.g. a hex code, this is beyond the capabilities of LTspice. You'd have to resort to a simulator specialized in digital circuits which will typically allow to define a bundle of signals (here: counter outputs) as a bus and will be able to display the bus state as e.g. a hex value.

Aftabalam

Mar 3, 2019
hello everyone
i wish to use the cd4516 in ltspice to count the number of cycles of source to discharge the integrator fully.
i want a binary output from counter, as expected i am currently getting an output in the form of waveforms. is there a way to directly get binary data at the output.
thanks.

View attachment 37129 .
Try to give your outputs to any flip-flop that can transfer the data as it is, keeping the delay constraint in your mind..for each output pin use D-ff and use output of D-ff (Q pin) to switch on LED with supporting Resistances...you can use the clock for these D-ff as common clock and after the time you want to analyze your output,because the circuit output is traversing must have some delay.

Aftabalam

Mar 3, 2019
hello everyone
thanks.

View attachment 37129 .
You could have used some sort of binary counter.like CD4060B...you could have got some subsystems and related file on Yahoo LT Spice user group uploaded by Mr.Alec_t..adding the symbols and library file use can directly get your output in binary count.