Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Unmarked Antenna Box - What the Heck is This Thing?

Ponteaus

Dec 28, 2016
I found a mysterious antenna box behind my parents' TV. Completely unmarked except for a logo consisting of three overlapping rounded squares. A Google image search for that logo turned up no matches. The box consists of a circuit board with daughter card and two roughly 8" long antennae. Googling the serial numbers on the circuit boards returned no useful results either. There's also a number 444-1704 on the inside of the case, which also returned no useful results. Anyone here have any clue what the heck this thing is? Thanks!

OqK55klWnYODfHHO.standard

uaIeZPggt1irKlTv.standard

xIYmlacfDUXJpZHb.standard

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
pics are too far away to see detail.
What was it connected to..... (the twin cable coming from the green terminal strip.

Ponteaus

Dec 28, 2016
My bad, I linked to thumbnails, not the originals. These should help.

The wire out of the bottom of the box is just wall power

OqK55klWnYODfHHO
uaIeZPggt1irKlTv
xIYmlacfDUXJpZHb

Ponteaus

Dec 28, 2016
Not an emergency call system, but my dad (now passed) did have a pace maker that connected wirelessly to a communication box that would send status data to a clinic. This mystery antenna box was located near that pacemaker box, but was also near the cable TV box and the cable modem/wireless-router. It's likely that this was installed at the same time as that pacemaker box, but my mom doesn't know for sure. The only wired connection is wall power; no wired connection to any of these other boxes.

Possibly a range extender for the pacemaker box to help it reach the pacemaker?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Sounds plausible.
Units like this are usually on a "loan" arrangement.
Might pay to check with his doctor.

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
Can you get a shot of the logo in the upper right corner. It looks like it belongs to the Mayo Clinics/Hospitals. If your dad was treated there, it probably belongs to them.

Ken