Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Troubleshooting treadmill controller trojan solitude 400

Ramputty

Apr 13, 2018
Please Help friends
I have a trojan Treadmill trojan solitude 400 which i have been using for several yeras without much problem
recently it stopped working .i opened the motherboard casing,the power supply is ok ,fuse is ok,do not see any burn mark.the led light is dead.i changed the mother board.the machine went one for a few minutes to be dead again.can you advise where to start trouble shooting and how to proceed.
Tks
Ram

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Does it have a opto or other tach on the motor?
This may be the cause if fitted. Also check for load and friction of the deck belt,
If possible remove the drive belt and see if the motor operates OK.
M.

Ramputty

Apr 13, 2018
thk for reply.
If i reconnect the controller i suppose it show light on .am right to think that way ?on reconnection both old and new controller appear dead..
yest it has an opto .
what has the load and friction of the deck belt affected the controller?Please explain .Thks

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Well if we assume the board is not the problem, the it is a case of elimination, the other thing you could do is substitute the motor for a 100 watt lamp to see if initially you have power.
Can you post pic of the board and show any part No.
M.

Ramputty

Apr 13, 2018
please find a photo of the controller. can i directly connect driver to a 220v power supply

Attachments

• motordriver_-_aps_360.jpg
    motordriver_-_aps_360.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 55

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Not sure what you mean, the board appears to be a PWM controller and has its own P.S.
M.

Ramputty

Apr 13, 2018
let me explain.i have two controller.the first one was originally on the machine.the machine stopped working and there was no display on ,the controller did not show any led light on.bud had 220 Vac coming in.
i replace the first with a new one keeping in my the controller was defective.

when i connected the new one,the display went on and the motor went on for a few minutes- to go off again.switch off machine for some time and put on again.the controller and display off just like the original one.

as you explained me if it the reed /speed sensor which is not sensing and it ask the controller to switch off as a protecting mechanism.

the power supply is ok ,the two fuse ok.when i reconnect only the controller which was initally switched off must come to life on reconnection .am i right?

if on reconnection it doed not wake up as you say,how do i wake it up? and test the controller outside the machine
?is it possible to test the controlled outside the machine.
ram
Tks looking for your promt reply.
my son is after my life to get machine going once again.Please advise