Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Touch on/off 12 LEDs switch with 50sec power off delay

jriofrio

Mar 18, 2018
Hello to everyone, and thanks for the opportunity to be part of this forum.

I have been looking high and low some efficient way to have a group of 12 LEDs be turn on/off with a touch switch.
Once the LEDs are switch on, if they are not switch off before 50 or 60 sec then the circuit will turn them off automatically.

Its going to be battery operated, use just a couple times a day, has to be small. the Leds will be regular white 20mA 3V in parallel.

i have found circuits doing the touch switch, the delay, on separate circuits. I though i could connecting some how, but my limited knowledge make it harder to make it small and efficient in one whole circuit..

My hope is to find something similar that i could modify it to make it small and efficient. So any suggestions where i could find something close of what i looking will be appreciated.

Thanks again for the opportunity and for any help anyone can provide.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Ebay has timers that would suit and also Arduino have touch switches listed. If size does not meet your requirements then building your own on the basis of the above would be an alternative.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
the Leds will be regular white 20mA 3V in parallel

Parallel connection of multiple LEDs is not recommended unless you can match their performance quite critically. Otherwise you'll find just a few LED's hogging the current and most being dim.

jriofrio

Mar 18, 2018
Hello
If you know of such a device in EBay.com that has a touch switch and delay timer will be super, i really would like to know, and if can drive 12 leds, i would known what to say. I been in ebay.com, but never found anything close to it.

I would appreciate very much if you can direct me to it.

Thanks