Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Toshiba lcd TV sound but no picture

banjomaniac

Mar 3, 2013
This Toshiba 22lv611u LCD TV DVD combo has sound but no picture sometimes when I turn it on the screen will show a picture for about a second also when I turn it on the words please wait in the lower left corner show up then it goes black I can see the picture on the screen when I shine a flashlight on it also I found a burned spot on the circuit board and I'm trying to identify what it might be.1511201406311592807768.jpg

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The burning is from 'design' and the spark gaps - typically flashing over when the high voltage used to drive the back light gets excessive (like when the tubes fail....)

Which is also the reason you can see the image but not not when the back light(s) have failed.

It could be the back light driver circuitry but the symptoms point to at least one (or more) of the tubes failing. If it's LED back lighting then a common issue is that one of the LEDs goes short and protection circuitry kicks in and switches the rest off.

Fixing either issue is possible - and often worthwhile - but depends on your skill level and the make/model as to complexity.