Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Timer help

wldlfe

May 21, 2011
Ok, I'm trying to hook up an Omron H5C-4D timer. What I'm trying to do is hook up a green push button to start the timer and a red push button to rest the timer. Also want to hook up an alarm buzzer to go off when the time is reached. I hooked up the timer to two push button switches with NO contacts. I push the reset and it resets fine but starts counting when I release the button. I can pause the timer wite the gate if I hold it in but when I release the button it contiues counting. Not sure what I need to get this thing to do what I want it to do. Attached is a diagrahm on the unit.

Attachments

• timerdetails.JPG
    timerdetails.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 123

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Do you have any documentation for this device? A quick google did not turn anything up.

wldlfe

May 21, 2011
no I dont. Thats part of the problem. I did find a similar timer and the diagram looks close. Its Omron H5CN.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Perhaps we can start with you describing any markings on the timer. Is there anything written near the connector(s) which may assist us?

And if you can point us to what you have found, that would be useful too.

wldlfe

May 21, 2011
basically, what I'm trying to do is when I push the reset button and close the curcuit between poles 1 and 3, the timer resets, but also the Gate (poles between 1 and 4) needs to be closed at the same time, and stay closed so when I release the rest button the the timer does not start until I press the start button, which will open the gate connection and stay open until I press the reset button again. Not sure if I'm explaining this right. I maybe over complicating this thing.