Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Tektronix 2445 scope problem

Velliger

Aug 30, 2016
The readout data is supposed to display at the top and bottom of the crt, namely Delta readings, Ratio, Division/volts, etc. On mine they both display at the right center of the crt. I replaced the A-4 Readout circuit board but no change. Anyone have any suggestions where to look next?
Velliger

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
If you have a manual, or can get one on-line I'd check that first.
I've seen several people here say that there is a Tektronix forum somewhere on the internet, that you might
be able to find that will have people specifically familiar with your model and the issue.
I don't know the problem, and it's difficult to determine from the problem description what might be the trouble.
Did you get this scope recently and notice the issue, or was it working as you described and suddenly this function changed?
Is the text on the screen distorted, or clearly visible?
Is it possible there's a function on the scope that would allow you to move the text, for someone who wants
to place it specifically in the middle of the screen as opposed to the top and bottom?
All kinds of questions that I don't know the answers to, but somebody who works primarily Tekt equp would.
This may just be a Display, Utility, or Menu issue that is easily changed if you know from the manual what to do.
Good luck, sorry I wasn't much help.

Velliger

Aug 30, 2016
If you have a manual, or can get one on-line I'd check that first.
I've seen several people here say that there is a Tektronix forum somewhere on the internet, that you might
be able to find that will have people specifically familiar with your model and the issue.
I don't know the problem, and it's difficult to determine from the problem description what might be the trouble.
Did you get this scope recently and notice the issue, or was it working as you described and suddenly this function changed?
Is the text on the screen distorted, or clearly visible?
Is it possible there's a function on the scope that would allow you to move the text, for someone who wants
to place it specifically in the middle of the screen as opposed to the top and bottom?
All kinds of questions that I don't know the answers to, but somebody who works primarily Tekt equp would.
This may just be a Display, Utility, or Menu issue that is easily changed if you know from the manual what to do.
Good luck, sorry I wasn't much help.

I have a manual but haven't been able to locate any info on this specific symptom. I'm learning myself. I thank you for your observation.

elebish

Aug 16, 2013
The deflection circuit for the crt works for both the trace and the readouts. Sounds like a horiz scan problem. Check the voltages at the pins on the side of the neck of the crt. Voltages will be high, around 200 to 300 volts dc.

Velliger

Aug 30, 2016
Hi elebish,
I appreciate the come back. I have since swapped out the A-2 and A-3 pcbs and it resolved the problem. The fault obviously lies on on of those boards. Will try to isolate it.
Velliger