Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Synchronous flashing xenon lamp problem.

Buzzer25

Apr 3, 2012
I am currently trying to work out a way of making a set of flashing xenon lamps, (only connected by 24v and 0v wires) flash at exactly the same time at a rate of 1 flash per second. I dont want to have to use a 3rd wire to make it possible.
I currently hvae a working circuit for the flashing lamps, individually, but making them flash together is proving to be a bit more difficult.

Does anyone know a way of being able to either get them to sync correctly, or possibly being able to send a small "boot pulse" type signal down the 0v line?

Any help would be really great.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
There's no reason you have to use plain DC.

You can keep the voltage constant for (say) 950ms and drop it to zero for 50ms. That drop to zero can trigger the flash.

Buzzer25

Apr 3, 2012
That in theory would work, but unfortunately the spec I have been given says that once the power has been turned on it is constant for at least 1 hour, they are powered by large batteries that I have no control over.

At present I am using a 40106 with an RC stage to give a kind of boot pulse, and using a crystal oscillator to give the 1 flash per second. The only way I have found so far is using precision components but they are a lot more expensive and you cant get all the values I want.