Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Synchronized problem

Chu Toan Thang

Jul 13, 2018
Dear all who read this thread,
My problem is show in these two figures. Any one know "A" is which device?
Thank you in advance!

A_2.jpg B_2.jpg

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
Based on nothing but the information you have provided, "A" is simply a piece of wire between the output and input 2. I think you need to provide a better description of your question. Are you asking about a video switcher? Why is there feedback from the projector to both cameras? Is that an electrical connection, are the cameras pointed at the projected image, or something else?

ak

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Output = Input 2
A video switch can do this. Select either input 1 or input 2 for output.

Chu Toan Thang

Jul 13, 2018
Dear AnalogKid and Harald Kapp,
I use 2 cameras to capture what projector projects on the wall.
For example:
Step 1: Projector projects Pattern 1; Two camera capture image 1.
Step 2: When both camera capture image 1; Projector will project Pattern 2
Step 3: When Projector already change pattern, Two camera will capture image 2.
Step n: ......

Purpose of device A is guarantee two cameras already captured. Then projector can change to next pattern.
For this reason, the output of device A follows slower input trigger.
My explanation is clear enough???

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
Much better. Is it your intent to have device A examine the content of the two camera outputs to determine that they have the same image, or examine the camera trigger signals. Examining video or digital still images to see if they are "equal" is a difficult software task. Examining trigger signals is a much more simple logic circuit.

Output 0
Camera 1 trigger
Camera 2 trigger
Output 1

Camera 1 trigger
Output 0
Camera 2 trigger
Output 1

Camera 2 trigger
Output 0
Camera 1 trigger
Output 1

etc.

Is the device A output to be a pulse or a level that stays high until one of the cameras is triggered?

ak

Chu Toan Thang

Jul 13, 2018
Much better. Is it your intent to have device A examine the content of the two camera outputs to determine that they have the same image, or examine the camera trigger signals. Examining video or digital still images to see if they are "equal" is a difficult software task. Examining trigger signals is a much more simple logic circuit.

Output 0
Camera 1 trigger
Camera 2 trigger
Output 1

Camera 1 trigger
Output 0
Camera 2 trigger
Output 1

Camera 2 trigger
Output 0
Camera 1 trigger
Output 1

etc.

Is the device A output to be a pulse or a level that stays high until one of the cameras is triggered?

ak
Actually, I use Basler Camera and it will send a trigger out when it finish capturing an image. I do Not need to check two cameras have the same image. I just care about they finish capturing or not.
Your logic circuit is correct. The out put of device A is a pulse. So now I do not know how to implement your logic circuit. I need to use micro controller circuit like Arduino, right???

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
I need to use micro controller circuit like Arduino, right???
No. This can be done with one dual-flipflop and a couple of gates.

What is the part number or model number of the camera? Can you post a datasheet that shows what the output signal is? Is it a pulse or a level change, pulse duration, voltage, etc?

What does the output of device A go to? How wide is the output pulse, what voltage, how much current does it have to drive?

ak