Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Super bright led light

JAY DEE

Mar 8, 2017
Hi all,
We live on a large farm,when we want the guys to come back to base for lunch.we used to have a red light on a mast which we would switch on then when the guys saw it lit they would make threre way back to base.but it has blown down in the recent storm so we want to replace it with a simple but extra bright led .bearing in mind it needs to be seen from a mile away.could someone please post a circuit diagram (240 volts) for me to wire up.
Thank you.
Jd

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Super bright LEDs are directional. Sounds like you need a 360º spread of light. Can't you just replace the red lamp?

JAY DEE

Mar 8, 2017
Hi there,thanks for your reply,the red lamp was old type 150 watt bulb I want something more efficent.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Look for a masthead lamp - on boats they are used as 'anchor lights' - all-round white. They are built for external conditions, have 360 degree visibility and are available in LED format.

Most work on 12V though (some on 24V) but you can add a simple AC-DC power pack for mains operation.

UK source similar to this:

https://www.gaelforcemarine.co.uk/en/Gael-Force-12v-Super-Bright-LED-Anchor-Light/m-161.aspx

If you can't find red then a white one with a simple red filter (plastic film) wrapped around the inside will work.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Strap a grandfather clock to one of them. (There may be smaller options)

I'd probably look for something that flashes. There change in intensity will make it more visible.