Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Suggestions on video camera surveillance

Jack R. Short

Nov 16, 2016
Hi,
I consider this as a good platform to get some expert suggestions on the security services. I often travel different places for my business purposes. Last week I was in Ontario. So, I was thinking to make my security services active in my home. How about placing the video cameras at home. I think, I would be able to watch the security facilities from the place where I am in. Couple of days ago, I came across a video camera surveillance : http://www.apialarm.com/residential-security/video-surveillance/ . I'm not sure of the cost though. Have anyone used this? If you have one, kindly share the equipment details.
If possible, need to place it at the end of December. I'm planning to move for my business on January. Need your guidance and opinions.
Thanks in advance

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
There are so many surveillance systems available, there's probably one out that that will do what you want.
I suggest you make a list of what you want it to be able to do, and share it here, so someone can point you to
something they're familiar with to do the job.
For example: Do you just want to be able to view what the camera sees from a remote location when you feel the need, or do you want to record what the camera sees during specific hours, or 24/7?
Do you want to combine the camera with an alarm system that notifies you when and entry alarm is tripped?
Do you want the alarm to be local, or report to you, or some alarm monitoring agency?
Do you want a camera that sees a well-lit area 24/7, or would the camera need infra-red illumination for undetectable
monitoring during darkness?
Things like that. The more we know about what you need, the better able we'll be to offer advice.