STM32 "Black Pill" Serial Programming pins?

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Robo_Pi, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Robo_Pi

Robo_Pi

Hi,

I have a few of the "Blue Pill" STM 32 boards and I've been programming them using a serial FTDI232 module and the Arduino IDE.

Recently I've obtained a couple of "Black Pill" boards that have the mounting holes in the corners of the board. These also have less pins on the headers (only 17 pins on each side as opposed to the 20 pins on each header on the Blue Pill).

This "Black Pill" board also won't accept 5 volts so I'm using 3.3volts to run it and it runs just fine. However I can't figure out where to place the RX and TX lines in order to program it.

I'm using the FTDI232 serial module and Arduino IDE to program with. I just don't know where the RX and TX lines are on the "Black Pill".

Anyone know?

Here are a couple links for the Black Pill board that I have:

Black Pill on Wiki

Schematic PDF

You'll have to forgive me if this should be obvious. But I don't see anything marked TX or RX on the schematic.

On the Blue Pill board RX and TX are on Pins A9 and A10 respectively. I have no problem programming the Blue Pill.

I'm just not sure where to hook up the RX and TX lines on the Black Pill.

Thanks for any help,

James

Attached Files:

Robo_Pi, Jun 12, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Robo_Pi

Robo_Pi

Oops, sorry. It's the same pins as the Blue Pill. A9 and A10. I don't know why I didn't just try that right off the bat. I was trying to think about it too much. I do know that the Black Pill board is quite different. It has a different number of header pins, and some are laid out differently. It also uses PB12 instead of PC13 for the onboard LED.

However the RX and TX are indeed the same. They are still on pins A9 and A10. So once I tried this it worked.

Bad on me for trying to think things out too deeply. (ha ha)

Sorry for the confusing post.

Robo_Pi, Jun 12, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question