Maker Pro
Maker Pro

sony reciever amp str-d1015

not_techy63

Oct 18, 2011
hi all,
i have a sony receiver amp that works and puts out sound and all functions work.
when in use it will work for a while and then goes into overload protectin and shuts down..
this happens after turning the volume up..
i noticed that the cooling fan in the back shuts off as well..before it powers down..
what is wrong with my amp..?
thanks

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hi not_techy63.
Is the load not to much, IE speakers ohms, wrong load or to much load would shut it down, have a look how many speakers max, and what loading, 2,4,8,16 ohms or total for all channels.
Dave. :)

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I concur. It's not the receiver, it's your speakers.
Wrong impedance speakers, or you're wiring multiple speakers in parallel (which changes
the impedance the receiver 'sees'), or if you don't believe any of that, check to make
sure your speaker wires are large enough gauge wire to handle your speaker power
(especially if you're running long wires), or that you don't have bad connections to the
terminals at your receiver or speaker, or uninsulated wire sections touching each other
or some ground.
good luck finding the problem.

not_techy63

Oct 18, 2011
Hi not_techy63.
Is the load not to much, IE speakers ohms, wrong load or to much load would shut it down, have a look how many speakers max, and what loading, 2,4,8,16 ohms or total for all channels.

ok thanks i will try it out...its my technics amp and not my sony.....
my sony has the problem of saying protector and wont let any function happen...
any ideas on that one...i checked all the fuses and they are good.....
thanks for the help

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Make, Sony you already said, is there a PDF file for the unit, if you post the model number series etc i will look for data on it, sounds like a unit with a control for out of parameters or faults, not a bad thing as it wont let you turn on and power up with a fault, model serial number, and a pic or two, ive had a few amps, receivers in my time.