Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Solenoid

dfox1787

Dec 4, 2016
Hi

Im making a ball release dropper and im struggling to find a solenoid that will hold the ball in the tube.

At the moment If one ball rests on the solenoid then the pull solenoid spring retracts slightly and it wont move once current is applied. Also when i load another ball it pushes the ball below it through the bottom of the tube. I want it to hold at least 4 balls in the tube and release one at a time.

Anyone know what solenoid would be good for this?

I think it needs to be able to take more weight on the solenoid pin and be able to retract to let the ball through the tube.

im using 12v battery for this project

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Can you post a pic of what you have, is the solenoid retracting axially or radially in relation to the movement of the ball?
M.

dfox1787

Dec 4, 2016
Can you post a pic of what you have, is the solenoid retracting axially or radially in relation to the movement of the ball?
M.

Hi

The weight of the balls is causing the solenoid to retract slightly before i press the button to pull the solenoid away. I need a stringer solenoid that can hold the weight of the ball and retract. Im very unfamiliar with ratings on solenoids.

I have a video. i can get a better one when im home if needed.
One solenoid holds the balls then when pressed it loads one ball to the next solenoid.

The concept does work

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjG7N9TuKSm8mxqpfGSq1nFvKhHR

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
The secret is in the "gripper."
And it is much better to use a modified SERVO.

The GENEVA MOTION is about the closest thing to describe what you need.