Maker Pro
Maker Pro

SKM53 GPS Datasheet

vead

Nov 27, 2011
Hello
I need help to understand datasheet. I am trying to understand logic of SKM53 GPS. I have attached datasheet . I have been reading this datasheet but I don't understand how to find information in datasheet that is require to develop program.

Attachments

• SKM53_Datasheet.pdf
    392.3 KB · Views: 57

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
That's so vague as to be useless.

What information are you looking for?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
No 'information' required.

The device outputs an NMEA data signal at 9600 baud using NMEA propitiatory serial standard of 8N1.

Your software would be configured as a serial receiving device and decode the relevant NMEA sentence according to your requirement and the sentence availability.

Google the NMEA standard if you want further information.

vead

Nov 27, 2011
That's so vague as to be useless.

What information are you looking for?
No 'information' required.

As I know whenever we need to develop program for device. we just need to read datasheet of device. there is complete information about the device that how does it work.

I had to use GPS in my project. So i found the GPS module on internet after that I downloaded datasheet and I read that datasheet but I couldn't get the more information. may be my skill is not god for reading datasheet

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
All you need to know is where to apply power and where to extract the resultant signal(data).

It IS all in the datasheet.

Power - Vcc (pin 1) and GND (pin 2) using a 5V source.
Signal out - TxD (pin 5)
Signal in - RxD (pin 6)
Reset device (at switch on or as appropriate) - RST (pin 4)

You would 'power up' (apply power to pins 1 and 2), initiate a reset (pin 4 pulled low) then read the data when it's available (pin 5) using a serial port protocol as mentioned in my earlier post.

Look at page 3 of the datasheet - everything you need is there!