Maker Pro
Maker Pro

"Simple" light sensitive, Servo Project

Fox_911

Mar 17, 2017
Hi, Im very green to electronics and this "simple" project is getting the best of me. I want to run a servo off a tiny photoresistor and a 9v battery. I would like to keep everything as small as possible.

Specs:
The Photoresistor:
- Min Voltage-150 volt DC
-Max wattage 90 mW
-spectral peak 540nm
-Light resistance 0.5 Mohm
-100 10:0.7 ??
-Responsive time up:20 Down:30
-Illumination resistance 4

The Servo:
-Current draw idle 6mA
-Current draw stall 350mA
-Voltage 4.8 - 8.5V

Thanks for any help!!
Best Regards, Justin

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
You will have to clarify what you mean by "run a servo off a photoresistor"

A servo requires a constant series of pulses whose width determines the position of the servo. Do you mean that the position of the servo should be controlled by the amount of light falling on the photoresistor?

Bob

Fox_911

Mar 17, 2017
You will have to clarify what you mean by "run a servo off a photoresistor"

A servo requires a constant series of pulses whose width determines the position of the servo. Do you mean that the position of the servo should be controlled by the amount of light falling on the photoresistor?

Bob
Thanks Bob, I just learned that, basically I want a light activated servo i just need to know the components i need to make it work. i want the device as small as possible, its for a drone application.

Fox_911

Mar 17, 2017
Try this, erasing both R1 and LED.
----> http://www.build-electronic-circuits.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/LDR-circuit-dark-detector.png
Insert the servo instead, observing polarity. And clarify if you want the servo to work when the photoresistor is illuminated or dark. Other alterations as the transistor capabilities may be needed.
Thanks, It doesnt matter to me if its lite or dim i can control that. basically I want a light activated servo light or no light doesnt matter. i just need to know the components i need to make it work. i want the device as small as possible, its for a drone application. Best Regards, Justin

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
I've offered a possible solution in another forum.

Sean Charlton

Feb 14, 2018
Hi, Im very green to electronics and this "simple" project is getting the best of me. I want to run a servo off a tiny photoresistor and a 9v battery. I would like to keep everything as small as possible.

Specs:
The Photoresistor:
- Min Voltage-150 volt DC
-Max wattage 90 mW
-spectral peak 540nm
-Light resistance 0.5 Mohm
-100 10:0.7 ??
-Responsive time up:20 Down:30
-Illumination resistance 4

The Servo:
-Current draw idle 6mA
-Current draw stall 350mA
-Voltage 4.8 - 8.5V

Thanks for any help!!
Best Regards, Justin
Hi I know this was a while ago but did you find a solution? And where did you find the parts as I’m looking for similar thing for my drone.