Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Selection of develpoment boards

rizvi

Oct 27, 2017
Hello all!
i am in a requirement of a development board , this can be beginners level. I have already purchased ARDUINO UNO and now i want help in selecting a development board from the following manufacturers. SInce they have a huge list so i was not able to decide which one to go for. Kindly help me out here.
following are the manufacturers.

1 . STmicroelectronics
2 . intel

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
So you've outgrown the Arduino?

What do you want to do that you can't do with the arduino?

rizvi

Oct 27, 2017
i want to do same thing with different platforms and compare the results.
i have full belief in arduino

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
So presumably you understand the difference between an Arduino and (say) an atmega368?

Have you looked at propellor or picaxe chips?

Aftabalam

Mar 3, 2019
Hello all!
i am in a requirement of a development board , this can be beginners level. I have already purchased ARDUINO UNO and now i want help in selecting a development board from the following manufacturers. SInce they have a huge list so i was not able to decide which one to go for. Kindly help me out here.
following are the manufacturers.

1 . STmicroelectronics
2 . intel
It hardly matters. The main thing is you can program the function you are willing to implement. In market so many Arduino boards are available,make sure you are getting one mentioned "made in Italy", Arduino UNO is basic board to use it. So it's what you are intended to use it for. If you want to sense change in resistance values as per varying resistance and in response voltage is varying you can have sensor terminal being used with specific programming to implement logic and sequential functions as well as control signal to control the process.

Doug3004

Sep 5, 2014
I don't know if Intel makes any smaller embedded processors right now. And I don't think they have made any for quite some years now? The Joule/Galileo/Edison were their last single-board computers, and those were all SoC's I think.

If you want something faster than an Arduino Uno but still can be programmed with the Arduino IDE, then here is my suggestions:

1. Robotdyn black pill: it has an STM32 processor.
2. Robotdyn Zero: either the Uno style or the Nano style. Both of these have an Atmel SAMD21 processor.
3. The fastest board you can buy--that is still easy to program, using the Arduino IDE--I would say is the Teensy 3.6. It has an ARM chip too, but one that is much faster than #1 above.

That said,,,, it is rather difficult to write a functional program that will really require a Teensy 3.6.

These bigger and better processors do run faster and have more memory than an Uno, but their main advantage is that they can do floating-point math a lot faster than an 8-bit Uno can.... -but you must write a program that has a LOT of floating-point math in it for that to make a difference. You can write a bench-marking program that calculates a bunch of big numbers just as a test, but that isn't really performing a useful function.