Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Scopetronic Vista 5 Alarm

clodagh

Feb 16, 2018
Hi

Looking for a bit of advice/help... We have an old Scopetronic Vista 5 Alarm which has stopped working. The alarm went off suddenly for apparently no reason and we turned it off but we cant reset it.. The code flashing on the screen is "U" and "P". We thought it may have had something to do with the battery and have replaced it but it's still not working... Any advice on this would be appreciated..

clodagh

Feb 16, 2018
Hi

Looking for a bit of advice/help... We have an old Scopetronic Vista 5 Alarm which has stopped working. The alarm went off suddenly for apparently no reason and we turned it off but we cant reset it.. The code flashing on the screen is "U" and "P". We thought it may have had something to do with the battery and have replaced it but it's still not working... Any advice on this would be appreciated..
sorry it "P" and "A"

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
I'm not familiar with the Scopetronic Vista 5 Alarm system in particular, but I have a lot of experience with alarm systems in general.
This User Manual I found seems to fit your description, even though it doesn't name the model of your system:
http://altor.ie/doc/HG_UserOperation.pdf See if that looks like your system.
If you don't already have a User Manual, I recommend you download and print out a hardcopy.
Look on page 8 of this manual for PA alarm and instructions.

According to this manual, the alarm was tripped by a signal from a "Personal Attack" (PA) device. Here in the United States of A., we call them "Panic buttons", usually battery-powered key fob buttons, sometimes larger units almost the size of a cigarette pack.

The usual cause of an unexplained PA alarm is someone carrying a PA device in his/her pocket or purse or somewhere that other items can press against the button. It's typical that everybody who has one will swear that theirs couldn't possibly be the one to cause the alarm. That usually translates as "I didn't intentionally trip it, so it wasn't mine." Sometimes the PA device can even be in a drawer with other items pressing against it. Do you know how many PA devices you have, and where they all are?

To say "We turned it off" isn't very descriptive, technically. There is often a difference between silencing the alarm sounder (bell or siren), and resetting the system. According to the User Manual I found, you need to press [0] to reset. Did you try that?

clodagh

Feb 16, 2018
I'm not familiar with the Scopetronic Vista 5 Alarm system in particular, but I have a lot of experience with alarm systems in general.
This User Manual I found seems to fit your description, even though it doesn't name the model of your system:
http://altor.ie/doc/HG_UserOperation.pdf See if that looks like your system.
If you don't already have a User Manual, I recommend you download and print out a hardcopy.
Look on page 8 of this manual for PA alarm and instructions.

According to this manual, the alarm was tripped by a signal from a "Personal Attack" (PA) device. Here in the United States of A., we call them "Panic buttons", usually battery-powered key fob buttons, sometimes larger units almost the size of a cigarette pack.

The usual cause of an unexplained PA alarm is someone carrying a PA device in his/her pocket or purse or somewhere that other items can press against the button. It's typical that everybody who has one will swear that theirs couldn't possibly be the one to cause the alarm. That usually translates as "I didn't intentionally trip it, so it wasn't mine." Sometimes the PA device can even be in a drawer with other items pressing against it. Do you know how many PA devices you have, and where they all are?

To say "We turned it off" isn't very descriptive, technically. There is often a difference between silencing the alarm sounder (bell or siren), and resetting the system. According to the User Manual I found, you need to press [0] to reset. Did you try that?

Thank you so so much.. We checked the panic buttons and something fell on one upstairs and must have activated it.... We have it sorted now. would never have thought of checking the panic buttons.. Just assumed the P was for the power..

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
Glad I could help. Thanks for posting back to let us know the outcome. Feedback always helps. :)