Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Salvaged components

Electric-T

Jun 4, 2017
I found learning motor circuit useful, taught me alot about how current works. Getting one to change speed was a turning point in understanding. Printers have a 1 to four motors, a bunch of gears, nuts and bolts, plus plenty of wire. Useful salvage.
I just salvaged a printer. What did you build with the motors and gears?

darren adcock

Sep 26, 2016
Learn to speed up and slow down them motors i would suggest. Look at the lm317 circuits for this. Too much stuff to mention, my workshop at times resembles a scrap yard. This kind of thing is what i eventually make, mostly scrap, sometimes a specific gear or if i need a high torque i'll order in a part. And obviously alot of components etc for the circuits.

Irv

Jun 7, 2017
Has anyone actually built anything useful with salvaged material? Im trying to find a "Frankenstein" type something to build out of all my junk
I just finished a generic aircraft cockpit for flight simulator made mostly from parts scavenged from old printers and a couple of arduinos. The older (and heavier) the printer, the more useful parts inside. Office copiers are another good source, but harder to come by.

Electric-T

Jun 4, 2017
I just finished a generic aircraft cockpit for flight simulator made mostly from parts scavenged from old printers and a couple of arduinos. The older (and heavier) the printer, the more useful parts inside. Office copiers are another good source, but harder to come by.
That may be a little out of my reach haha. Very cool idea though