Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Roseanne Roseannadanna.. "Did ya ever wonder...."?

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
I thought I'd start this thread as something to be appended. I think it's something we've all experienced at one time or another. Let's start with the topic of HELP files. Did ya ever notice that no matter how complete your new software's help files are the items you're needing help with are sparse to none existent!

I recently installed some new software and was marveling at how well documented it is. On one of its toolbars there's a dropdown selection with about six options. Five of them seemed apparent but the sixth had me searching the help files. Great, I found the toolbar in the help index and started reading through all six of the options. Each one had an easily understood explanation with included image. That is until I scrolled down to the sixth option. Yeah, the one I was looking for. For that item the description included only a screen shot! No description or explanation at all!

Well, Roseanne Roseannadanna did say it best... "Did ya ever wonder why.........?????"

Chris

GonzoEngineer

Dec 2, 2011
Did you even wonder why the people protesting abortion are people you wouldn't want to have sex with anyway?

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I've sometimes wondered why the 362 page owners manual with a 17-page insert
troubleshooting guide, doesn't cover the problem issue I'm seeing.
I got a Sony digital camera. All the bells and whistles (and waaaay too many buttons).
I somehow disabled the flash. I swear I read every page in the manual and 'quick start' guide.
I checked on-line if anybody else had seen the problem.
One of my kids found a push-button directly under the shutter button that the manual
didn't even mention.
Vwalla, problem solved
And, uh, yes, GonzoEngineer, I've noticed that too.

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
One of my kids found a push-button directly under the shutter button that the manual didn't even mention.

Uh, as luck would have it and if the manual did mention the magic button, that's all it would have done. There'd be an image with an arrow pointing to "BUTTON". :rolleyes:

Chris

jcurrie

Feb 22, 2011
the help files are the least of my problems what i dislike is having to call up a tech number then geting a guy who calls himself johh who speaks barely english.
jc

just venting spent 45 min with AT&T tech.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Did you even wonder why the people protesting abortion are people you wouldn't want to have sex with anyway?
that's so bad, but unfortunately there's a little bit of truth in there ;)

Dave

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I looked-up the magic button in the 362 page manual.
It was there alright, but whoever translated the owners manual forgot to mention that
it had anything to do with the flash. Just the shutter.
I know when I've got an overseas technical expert on the phone, when they refer to my home address city
as 'Tuck-Sun', when it's Tucson (Too-s- on).

Last edited:

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
We use Elmo drives (servo drives) at my work, and we run into this all the time, be it error codes, or command codes, or buttons, the software and manuals are translated (if you can call it that) so poorly grammatically and spelling-wise its sometimes days before we can find anything.