Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Robust but simple, Latching Circuit needed!

steevg

Jun 23, 2009
Hi,
This is my first visit to the forum (I'm only into hobby electronics - no formal training), and I'm hoping someone can help with what I think may be a fairly simple problem.

I have a joystick-type switch, it has four "momentary" positions with a centre "off" return. I need a circuit which will latch each position of the joystick, when I select it. So for example, if I select position 1, and release the "Joystick", I need the circuit to latch - this latch will hold an input to another part of the circuit to ground (0vDC).

If I then select position 2, I need the circuit to release from Position 1, and latch to Pos. 2. etc etc. I need to be able to select any position (1,2,3 or 4) at any time, and not have the latch drop out or disengage. On startup, it would be preferable to latch to position 1 by default.

The circuit needs to have little or no bounce, and be very robust with a fairly versatile range of operating temps - say -10 deg Celsius to + 50 deg Celsius.

Hope I've explained this clearly, and that someone may be able to provide me with a circuit to do the trick!

Thanks in advance!