Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Restoring a FOXX FUZZ-WAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
OK... to me my questions are clear, the info I am submitting is exceptional and most of the problems I am having are connected to the same things...

When I found this treadle pedal the time, and tried to fix it... posted it on this board, and never got it finished because the thread dissappeared and my account failed.
To bad I didn't know what I was talking about when I started...

I think I should have the moderator burn this trash bucket thread and start over....
It has some nice data in it though... all in all I think its a trash bucket too!
Too many mistakes in it!!!!

sorry steve.;)

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
This is the switch block... please note the possible switching that could be used on it...
this is not assuming what type it is, but the diagram I have drawn is a SPST only between 2 as common and 4 and 5 as possible circuits.

Attachments

• switchblock.jpg
    switchblock.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 99

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
My guess is that it's dpdt and 3/6 are common.

But testing the switch would be the best approach.

Second best would be accurately reverse engineering the circuit (or at least some part of it around the switch) in order to try to determine a plausible use for it and hence the likely contacts which are switched.

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
I am not an engineer. so I can re-iterate... One of the first mistakes I made was attempting to connect my own ideas up where the 6 pin switch went. I thought that if the switch was grounded, that the only possible connections would be to the contacts that effected the board. So I tried to connect the switch using my own contact manager... BAD IDEA!!! The wah didn't function... now after realizing that I am not smarter than a DPDT SMD ---> I have hooked the switch up to the board contacts, exactly as they are on the switch... even though it is a mini pushbutton, instead of a sub mini stomp button, the pinouts should be the same as the SMD submini.

Examination of the switch block-
CENTER POLES
The 2 common center poles fire a .22uf poly cap, and the base of a transistor, and after the cap, through a 22k resistor(Pin E), that is in parallel with a 33k resistor, and a 470m resistor, which feed a 500ma inductor(Pin J), that returns that signal, back, passed a parallel 10uf, 100k bridge. The 22k resistor is in series through a 10k resistor on the collector of a transistor--> and collects from all the 5way selections.

The center poles also have a jumper to a series 470m resistor, between the .22uf cap and the base of the transistor, that is between the emitter on a second transistor, and a second .22cap that completes one side of the switch circuit.

MAIN ON
The two .22uf caps are connected directly when the switch is in this position.
the emitter of the transistor and a series 470m resistor separates the two caps
in the other direction of the circuit. This means that the only signals in the circuit, other than the center pole connection, are the signals at Pin A and Pin H, and Pin F, ofwhich Pin F, is switch isolated from the other side of the switch but is its input is allowed in any switch position. The circuit is exactly as it is in the Center Poles description above.

MAIN OFF
PIN F adds the .01uf 100v cap and the 68k resistor to the collector on the first transistor described in CENTER POLES. the rest of the circuit is just as the description in CENTER POLES.

TahDah!!!!

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
vewy vewy carefuwy checked out the RLC crcuit
---(proud yet?)
that is a parallel RLC that only looks like an emitter follower.

sorry.
according to this book here.... inductance is measured in microhenrys.
Where L is the inductance
f = 1 / [2pi(LC)1/2]
f= 1/ [6.2832(500x10).5]
or 15708 resonance

the book says thats not how to do it. it says
f=.15915/(LC).5
resonance = .00006366

But the way its wired doesn't look right, probably the reason why I thought it was an emitter follower.

Status
Not open for further replies.