Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Replacing Rechargeable Battery Power

Friedmannn

Nov 21, 2011
I have a device that uses rechargeable batteries for power. For it to be powered, the positive end of a AA rechargeable battery is pushed into the device against some sort of metal rod (negative end does nothing... sticks out the end of the device), and this causes the device to heat up.

What I want to do, is eliminate the need for AA battery power and instead power it via a power outlet (with an AC adapter or something). I know I need 1.5 volts MAX to be fed to my device, and I'm wondering how I'd go about this.

It can't be permanent, so the connection needs to be able to be taken out.

Another option would be creating some sort of device that allows a rechargeable battery to constantly be charged while it's being used so that it never runs out of power. Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate any and all help I can get :)

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
I have a device that uses rechargeable batteries for power. For it to be powered, the positive end of a AA rechargeable battery is pushed into the device against some sort of metal rod (negative end does nothing... sticks out the end of the device), and this causes the device to heat up.

What I want to do, is eliminate the need for AA battery power and instead power it via a power outlet (with an AC adapter or something). I know I need 1.5 volts MAX to be fed to my device, and I'm wondering how I'd go about this.

It can't be permanent, so the connection needs to be able to be taken out.

Another option would be creating some sort of device that allows a rechargeable battery to constantly be charged while it's being used so that it never runs out of power. Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate any and all help I can get :)
Let me get this straight, the negative terminal of the battery sitcks out of the device and is not connected to anything? I don't see how this works unless the device is immersed in a conductive fluid.

Bob

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hi Friedmannn.
I dont understand the open circuit negative end of the device, but for external feed of low power rather than battery's you could use low voltage DC male and female chassis plugs and sockets, and both types in trailing options as well. :)

http://www.esr.co.uk/electronics/products/frame_connectors.htm

PS, Look at DC power plugs. and the sockets for the corresponding sizes are there also.
You can find these at most electronics stockists, not just this site.