Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Replacement of VIP membership tags

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
We've had the VIP membership awards for many years, but now that we've grown and changed forum software, there are better ways we can implement rewarding members for sharing their knowledge. Behind the scenes we're working on the replacement :).

Over the coming days, I'll be removing the existing VIP membership tags whilst we work on the alternative. I'm sure some of you will be sad to see them disappear for now, which I can understand - but I think there are better ways we can acknowledge helpful members in future.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
The old method for awarding VIP badges wasn't the best anyways.;)

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Boo Hoo, (sniff, sniff).
The Moderators (and maybe an Administrator) are VIP's, but only my kids think I'm one now.
I HAVE noticed a lot of people who receive high VIP ratings based on responses of 'hello & welcome'
to new members in the Introduction section. I believe they were shooting for quantity vs. quality.
And while I get beat-up from time to time for offering poor advice, there are a few people replying to posts
who shouldn't be offering ANY advice.
I'm believing the remedy for avoiding rewards for wrong information is under serious consideration (?)
Thanks Ian for making this forum truly useful for those of us who need help.

Reactions: Ian