Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Repairing a Premier Health Products PHP 2026 / 2027 Massage Chair

dhoodlet

Aug 29, 2018
i have the PHP2026. I have no power going to the chair. This happened 6 years ago and they sent me the PHP 2026 24v transformer. Now they they are not in business, where cab I get one?

dhoodlet

Aug 29, 2018
Thank you for the reply. I replaced the transformer per this forum and still no power. Any other thoughts??? PHP 2026

Last edited:

kevin buickerood

Nov 13, 2017
You probably want to get someone to test the motherboard... are you educated in electronics where you could test things yourself? You could through many a new part at it before getting success :) but a diagnosis/test would probably benefit you.

dhoodlet

Aug 29, 2018
You probably want to get someone to test the motherboard... are you educated in electronics where you could test things yourself? You could through many a new part at it before getting success :) but a diagnosis/test would probably benefit you.
Thanks, I will try to find someone test it. Not sure how much I am willing to spend on this since the company is out of business.

Stanford6575

Nov 24, 2018
Repairing a Premier Health Products PHP 2026 / 2027 Massage Chair:

I have included all service manuals attached here for this chair hoping this will help someone in the future but below is the most common problem & how to dissemble, where to get part.

Most common problem is when ALL the massage chair motors e.g. recline, Kneading, Tapping, elevation no longer work - you will notice the vibration will work.

This problem is from the donut shaped Toroid / Toroidal Transformer that powers all the motors. Attached are all the service manuals and disassembly instructions along with where to buy the part.

1. The original PHP 2026 Toroidal transformer has a single primary 110V (60Hz), dual 2x 24Vac secondary TAPS @ 16AMPs or 336VA
2. OD = Outside Diameter = 96mm (3.78”) and H = Height = 74mm (2.91”)
3. Was impossible to find a US made Toroid with this OD of 96mm – the OD must be exact to fit inside the cover or fit on the main PCB – you can find one with correct voltages but it will not fit.
4. I contacted a Toroid / Toroidal China Manufacturer (they make almost all Toroid’s in China) and they will make a custom Toroid for $50USD + $29USD=$79USD
5. The China company sells Toroid / Toroidal Transformers on eBay (been around for while) and their contact is Seller information:
a. eBay = diytalent86
b. e-mail = [email protected]
c. If seller does not exist then just look for any China Toroid / Toroidal manufacturer on eBay and contact them as they will custom make this Toroid for you - expect to wait 1 month for the part as it ships from China.

Given the US is 120Vac & the preferred output is 24Vac I decided to have the new Toroid made to meet the best input / output
Here are the SPECS in having a new custom Toroid I got made for $79.00USD:
1. (1x) Single Primary INPUT = 120Vac (US Voltage) – this can be between 110Vac to 120Vac
2. US Frequency = 60Hz
3. (2x) Dual 24Vac Secondary OUTPUT – this can output between 21-24Vac
4. Approximately 300VA to 400VA – Anywhere in this range – PHP 2026 is 336VA / 16AMP
5. Toroid OD = Outside Diameter = 96.5mm (must be 96.5mm or LESS)
6. Toroid H = Height = 73 mm – must be 73mm or less
7. There are six (6) wires coming out of the PHP 2026 Toroid:
a. Primary INPUT = Black / White is 120Vac
b. 1st SECONDARY OUTPUT = Yellow / Yellow = 24Vac (about 168VA)
c. 2nd SECONDARY OUTPUT = Blue / Blue = 24Vac (about 168VA)
d. Total SECONDARY OUTPUT MAX from original Toroid is 336VA @ 24Vac (each leg is 168VA MAX * 2 = 336VA PEAK) – this chair will not use this much the that is the rating on the original Toroid.
e. Chair will probably work find with any Toroid with power output of 200VA-400VA – I had my custom made to output PEAK 330VA.
d. This is Toroid known as a single primary with dual secondary = INPUT 110/115/120, OUTPUT 24-0-24

I have included pictures showing the measurements & label on the existing PHP 2026 Toroid Transformer.

The other attached service manuals will help you with other issues with this massage chair

desertrider
Do you know where I can purchase a replacement rounded transformer for the PHP-2026?

kevin buickerood

Nov 13, 2017
Do you know where I can purchase a replacement rounded transformer for the PHP-2026?

Stanford6575, I purchased the Toroidal transformer from Mouser Electronics, part# 553-VPT48-5200 which is 112mm in diameter and has a power rating of 250VA. It fits fine by moving it a little bit. Chair now works! See some of my original posts on this thread for photos and other's comments. Good luck!

Stanford6575

Nov 24, 2018
OK, hopefully, the PDF will upload with this post. This shows how we connected it, and the chair works fine. I tried to show the best angle to show you the colored wire from the Toroidal to the board itself.

Just received the toroidal transformer. Connected the four input wires. The output wires are Yellow AC 42.3V, orange AC 30.6V, Red AC 43.1v and black AC 31.2V. I don't see a black wire in your pictures? Looks like the orange and yellow connect to the two blue wires. Does it matter which blue wire goes to the yellow or orange? I see the red wire goes to one of the yellow wires, does the black wire go to the other yellow wire?

The manual says both blue wires and both yellow wires should be AC 24.8 V

Thanks,

Jim

kevin buickerood

Nov 13, 2017
Here ya go.

Attachments

• 1-8.pdf
    889.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 11-16.pdf
    736 KB · Views: 78
  • PHP_2026-27-HOW_TO_REMOVE_PCB_boardassembly-replace.pdf
    385.8 KB · Views: 79

maddog41

Jan 11, 2019
Just received the toroidal transformer. Connected the four input wires. The output wires are Yellow AC 42.3V, orange AC 30.6V, Red AC 43.1v and black AC 31.2V. I don't see a black wire in your pictures? Looks like the orange and yellow connect to the two blue wires. Does it matter which blue wire goes to the yellow or orange? I see the red wire goes to one of the yellow wires, does the black wire go to the other yellow wire?

Thanks,

Jim

Did you figure out what to do with the black wire?

Thanks,

Jim

Did the black wire go to the second yellow wire? How did you pair the 4 input wires with the black and white original ones?
Thanks for any help!

I got it done with the information on this thread!!! Thanks to all of you who contributed. I would have had a very large boat anchor without your help. I bought this chair for my wife as a Christmas present in 2005. She took one look at it and said "get it out of here!" It's been in storage since then and I just got it out to use it (divorce) and it didn't work. Now it does.I'm a happy man in many ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patchski

Dec 16, 2018
I have one of these too It works great, but the top part of the controller (LCD Screen) does not work. All the functions do work, however.
The LCD does not show any signs of wear / abuse.

Any ideas? It probably is going to be near impossible to get a controller. .

Joe

goswald

Feb 11, 2019

I have included all service manuals attached here for this chair hoping this will help someone in the future but below is the most common problem & how to dissemble, where to get part.

Most common problem is when ALL the massage chair motors e.g. recline, Kneading, Tapping, elevation no longer work - you will notice the vibration will work.

This problem is from the donut shaped Toroid / Toroidal Transformer that powers all the motors. Attached are all the service manuals and disassembly instructions along with where to buy the part.

1. The original PHP 2026 Toroidal transformer has a single primary 110V (60Hz), dual 2x 24Vac secondary TAPS @ 16AMPs or 336VA
3. Was impossible to find a US made Toroid with this OD of 96mm – the OD must be exact to fit inside the cover or fit on the main PCB – you can find one with correct voltages but it will not fit.
4. I contacted a Toroid / Toroidal China Manufacturer (they make almost all Toroid’s in China) and they will make a custom Toroid for $50USD + $29USD=$79USD
5. The China company sells Toroid / Toroidal Transformers on eBay (been around for while) and their contact is Seller information:
a. eBay = diytalent86
c. If seller does not exist then just look for any China Toroid / Toroidal manufacturer on eBay and contact them as they will custom make this Toroid for you - expect to wait 1 month for the part as it ships from China.

Given the US is 120Vac & the preferred output is 24Vac I decided to have the new Toroid made to meet the best input / output
1. (1x) Single Primary INPUT = 120Vac (US Voltage) – this can be between 110Vac to 120Vac
2. US Frequency = 60Hz
4. Approximately 300VA to 400VA – Anywhere in this range – PHP 2026 is 336VA / 16AMP
d. Total SECONDARY OUTPUT MAX from original Toroid is 336VA @ 24Vac (each leg is 168VA MAX * 2 = 336VA PEAK) – this chair will not use this much the that is the rating on the original Toroid.
e. Chair will probably work find with any Toroid with power output of 200VA-400VA – I had my custom made to output PEAK 330VA.
d. This is Toroid known as a single primary with dual secondary = INPUT 110/115/120, OUTPUT 24-0-24

I have included pictures showing the measurements & label on the existing PHP 2026 Toroid Transformer.

The other attached service manuals will help you with other issues with this massage chair

desertrider

Can you tell me where /i can get a control panel for a premier php2026 massage chair?

rockland

Feb 26, 2019
my ON button, requires me to push harder and harder (and longer) before it will come on, so since it is modular, i am looking to just buy a new or used one and just plug it in to the bottom right floor outlet. easy peasy. ideas? i have a panasonic chair. with the arm massager and foot massage and a horizontal panel on a bendable rod off the right side, i am looking for the number now

Dante Zafra

Mar 10, 2019
Hello desert rider,

Thank you very much for the information you provided which can help trouble shoot the problem on my 2026 chair. On my unit, the recliner would not go back up pressing the control on the remote. I can hear the relay clicking but the motor does not seem to run. Much that I would like to troubleshoot using the details you provided, is there a way I can bring the recliner back to its normal position manually so that I can access the bottom of the chair. Looking for a release button or latch to do this..Appreciate the reply and help.

Doug Griffith

Apr 24, 2019

a. eBay = diytalent86

2. US Frequency = 60Hz

desertrider

Doug Griffith

Apr 24, 2019
I am new to this forum process, so bear with me. I have a Premier Health Products PHP-2030 massage chair, and I am giving it to my nephew. I do not have a users manual, and though all functions work properly, the control pad is fairly complicated and not very intuitive. Does anyone out there know how I can find a users manual for this chair? Doug Griffith - 707-799-6575, or [email protected] - Many thanks in advance if anyone can help me.