Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Realistic STA-2270 amp

jazzlap

Jan 24, 2012
Hi everyone,
I have an old Realistic STA-2270 amplifier/receiver from the mid 80's
I am looking for the manual and schematic diagram.

Does anybody know where I could find these.

Thanks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Check out this thread. It contains a number of suggestions.

cmulcihy

Feb 11, 2012
Did you find a schematic?

I own this receiver. It still works. I have the original owner's manual, and it has a schematic in the back of the manual. If you need a copy of it, let me know. It would be hard to scan, but I can try to get a good image.

bmewhiney7

Mar 17, 2012
Hi cmulcihy,

I've got this amp as well, and am trying to figure out a power problem. Fairly sure I'll need to replace the Tx, but will need the schematic to figure it out. Any chance you could scan and email it to me? its [email protected]

thanks kindly,
Bryan

hwhitaker

Dec 31, 2022
Did you find a schematic?

I own this receiver. It still works. I have the original owner's manual, and it has a schematic in the back of the manual. If you need a copy of it, let me know. It would be hard to scan, but I can try to get a good image.
I am looking for a copy of the Owners Manual [Catalog 31-3005] for the STA-2270. I have looked on all the websites and can't find it. I have this unit and would like to have it with my paperwork. Would it be possible to get a copy of it from you? Thank you.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The original post was TEN YEARS ago - you'll be lucky to get a response!

hwhitaker

Dec 31, 2022
I saw that. It is a shot in the dark. Its a hard to find item. Thought I would give it a try. You never know.

hwhitaker

Dec 31, 2022
Thank you Bertus! I appreciate it. I found those and downloaded them. I just can't find the owners manual. For some reason, no one has ever uploaded a digital copy of it. I am giving my future son-in-law a Realistic Stereo System i put together to play his vinyl. It includes a STA-2270 receiver paired with a LAB-2100 linear turntable and T-120 speakers. He is younger and I am trying to put together all the owners manuals for him. I'm introducing a new generation to good quality stereo components.

hwhitaker

Dec 31, 2022
The next time I see a Realistic STA-2270 Receiver with an owners manual, I'm going to buy it just to get the owners manual. My goal is to digitize it and upload it to HIFI Engine so others can have it. These are great receivers. Very well built.

cmulcihy

Feb 11, 2012
Hi,

I just got your message about needing an owner's manual. Your forum message popped up in my gmail account that you were looking for a manual. I still have my manual and the receiver. I can try and make a PDF file of it if you still need one. Please just let me know. Casey

hwhitaker

Dec 31, 2022
Hi,

I just got your message about needing an owner's manual. Your forum message popped up in my gmail account that you were looking for a manual. I still have my manual and the receiver. I can try and make a PDF file of it if you still need one. Please just let me know. Casey

Yes. Thank you for responding, Casey. I took a chance you would see my message and you did. I would appreciate that very much. The owner's manual ito the STA-2270 is almost impossible to find online. If you could scan it to .pdf that would be perfect. You can send it to: [email protected]

Thank you
H. B.

hwhitaker

Dec 31, 2022
Yes. Thank you for responding, Casey. I took a chance you would see my message and you did. I would appreciate that very much. The owner's manual ito the STA-2270 is almost impossible to find online. If you could scan it to .pdf that would be perfect. You can send it to: [email protected]

Thank you
H. B.
I wanted to say thank you to Casey. Casey took time to scan the owners manual to the Realustic STA-2270 and email it. It made my day! There are a lot of good people out there still enjoying these vintage stereo components. Hopefully, I can pay his act of kindness forward at some point.