Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RCA TV turning off automatically

comogritas

Jan 26, 2011
I have a RCA TV Model F32650 that turns off automatically as soon as it is power on with the remote or manually. Do not have a clue as to what is causing it. I hoping, I can get some ideas as to what is the part that might be causing the TV to do this. Then go to an electronic part store buy the part and have my son put the part in (weld it, attach it, bolted, etc) Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank You

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
any fuses would be a good place to start

If you have some GOOD technical ability then with a multimeter you would be able to check for some of the low voltage rails and see if they are correct.

the causes could be many... fuses, capacitors, line output transformer, horizontal drive transistor....

if you or your son dont have experience servicing TV's, then you need to consider the cost of a replacement compared to the cost of getting that one repaired by a qualified service centre :)

Dave

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
You probably have a cirucit problem.
But one experience I had, was the on-off push/button on the TV itself, sticking 'IN'.
The plastic push-button itself had become wobbly on the switch shaft, and the plastic
housing of the TV chassis, was sometimes keeping the push-button from completely
disengaging (to allow the set to turn 'on').
Just something to check.

sall

Jan 29, 2010
I have cheap APEX 19" flat screen that had the same issues. I did a little research and came across a fix. There was bloated and failed 1000uf capacitor. Removed and replaced and fires up good now.

Open it up and have a look around. Here is where mine was at fault:

dsc5607.jpg

Hope this may help!

This may help as well and is model specific..

http://www.videokarma.org/archive/index.php/t-205389.html

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I have cheap APEX 19" flat screen that had the same issues. I did a little research and came across a fix. There was bloated and failed 1000uf capacitor. Removed and replaced and fires up good now.
Hope this may help!
This may help as well and is model specific..

did you replace only one or both of those caps either side of the choke ?
BOTH of them have bulging tops :)

Dave