Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RCA TV Back-light inverter.............

mike estes

Feb 25, 2018
hello to everyone,
i'm in the process of repairing this TV (L40FHD41YX9) which needs a
back light inverter. I've found several replacement parts and one in
particular im wanting to buy but the part came from a different TV.
the part numbers and board numbers match but im needing to know if the
this board will work in my RCA TV. the 1st image is the RCA part which
needs replacing. the 2nd image is the TOSHIBA part which came from
this model TV ( 40RV525R) which is a 40"LCD TV.
thanks to everyone,
mike
INV40N14A (2).jpg
INV40N14A.JPG

Attachments

• INV40N14A (2).jpg
    INV40N14A (2).jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 58
  • INV40N14A.JPG
    INV40N14A.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 55
  • INV40N14A (2).jpg
    INV40N14A (2).jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 68

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Mike Estes . . . . .

Whaaaaat . . . . .nobody wanna talk 'a to you ?
I just can't turn down another fellow Amerikanski . . .

It certainly looks like RCA, Toshiba and Samsung are all using that same common "Samsung " board. Now I hear Alba and Technika and Proscan and Element and Dynex are also shouting out . . . ME TOO . . . ME TOO !

WHICH in ACTUALITY is being second sourced and probably . . . being made at the independent LIng Ting Tong factory in China.

Mag up the reference below and click on specific left-center-right extremes to be able to closely inspect ALL parts of the components on the whole board. Like having a 14 pin CN101 and 4 pin CN102 ?

Do you have any blown rectangular white fuses F102 F101 at the center of the board . . .if so . . . . . .there is being a REASON !

Looks like your unit is feeding 7 CCL lamps, with the extreme right end inverter transformer having a custom wind on its paired HV section .

Evaluation . . . .
Have you tried having the whole Tee-Wee plugged up and ready to run.
Then you take a NE-2 neon lamp with its two bared leads on one end, which you grasp between index finger and thumb and place the glass envelope right up against the wound wire turns of either a left or right HV winding of a single inverter transformer, of the units 4, that it uses..

Notice that they s p r e a d apart a secondary HV winding as being 11 separate series coil windings.
If that units HV tries to come up on power up, the neon will give a flash due to the close electrostatic coupling and a HV presence.

If you find one HV winding that is not responding, that may be due to shorted turns section and that will cause excess current pull and a triggering of the overload detection circuitry of the board and a quick turn off / shut down of this board.

Beeeeeeeg Time Referencing . . . . .

https://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/...693fb5d/s/h/shopjimmy-lj97-02098a-top_1_5.jpg

73's de Edd

Last edited:

mike estes

Feb 25, 2018
t73's de Edd ,
thanks for the quick reply and the great info. it really help alot.
mike