Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Raspberrypi bluetooth file trasnsfer to android phone

quantumtangles

Dec 19, 2012
Amusing candidate solution.
From a linux box, burn an ISO of Android 6 using k3b or similar burning software. You should be able to burn an ISO of Android 6 using WindoZe as well, if you can bear it.
I installed Android 6 on an i7 desktop PC, and to my surprise, it installed and it was very VERY quick :)

I suspect pairing requests would be trivial if you are running Android on a PC or raspberry pi :)
It was a lot of fun. I even sent the devs a bug report...bewildered dev notes that the bug report came from an X99 motherboard containing an octocore Intel i7 CPU and 24GB of RAM...lol

I have not yet tried loading Android 6 onto a Raspberry Pi...it might work...dont know.

I am sure you also know that root may be required...so if you type (from the terminal)
[$] sudo apt-get install bluez-simple-agent
that might work as well. If it does not, the firmware may not be contained in the repositories because it is proprietary. Open synaptic or whatever package manage you use and ensure that proprietory repositories are enabled, and then update the cache and check to see if bluez-simple-agent is available for installation.

Try and use the terminal for everything.

Or you might think about editing the relevant directory using nano for example.
The FAQs for installing bluetooth (for example, google Ubuntu FAQs or Raspberry pi FAQs) should also be helpful.

Sometimes you can negative comment (comment out) or add to a directory file and firmware kicks in and starts working. Your blacklist.conf file should contain a list of what is blacklisted (google how to amend it). In essence, you add # to comment out elements in a blacklist and delete the # sign to run a specific element in a blacklist.

Try and track down the relevant directory using grep and pipe (|).
And then nano the directory.

Information about your Bluetooth setup may be contained in /lib/modules or in /usr/bin/bluetooth (by way of example though I do not know).

Trying changing directories using the cd command (followed by the directory or subdirectory you want to explore) from the terminal [to change directories] and then use ls -la when you are in that directory to see all the subdirectories, ie, to see what is contained in the /lib/modules or usr/bin directory (by way of example) :)

Use the tab key to autocomplete (after entering the first few letters of the directory or subdirectory you want to look at) and life will be much easier.

When you think you have found where the bluetooth drivers were installed, you could then use nano [$ sudo nano (insert path)] to edit and save your changes (Ctrl O followed by enter).

Good to know how to do this stuff anyway so no harm in knowing how to find your way around any Unix based (linux) system.

Simpler still, Google 'install bluetooth on raspberry pi' or 'install bluez-simple-agent on Raspberry Pi' and you will get a bunch of hits containing tried and tested terminal commands to solve the problem. Try not to limit yourself to a solitary 'how-to' link.
And enjoy the journey :)

Last edited: