Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Radisys EPC-6a re-flash

chrcon

Jul 10, 2017
Can anyone explain to me how to re-flash the EPC-6a? I know how to get to replace the BIOS through the force recovery jumper. I can get to the FBD(flash boot device) and flash it with the default BOIS512k file, but I can not access the memory area to replace the info that was there. I can replace all the files that were there if they were corrupted, by using FX and loading a slave file. When I go to repair the CPU by flashing the FBD, it starts to boot then it reads" short IO read failed" over and over. I know this is because the memory area that the TRN(token ring) info. goes is now erased, I just have not figured out how to get the boot info. back into this memory area.

ko4fsz

Jun 28, 2023
Can anyone explain to me how to re-flash the EPC-6a? I know how to get to replace the BIOS through the force recovery jumper. I can get to the FBD(flash boot device) and flash it with the default BOIS512k file, but I can not access the memory area to replace the info that was there. I can replace all the files that were there if they were corrupted, by using FX and loading a slave file. When I go to repair the CPU by flashing the FBD, it starts to boot then it reads" short IO read failed" over and over. I know this is because the memory area that the TRN(token ring) info. goes is now erased, I just have not figured out how to get the boot info. back into this memory area.
Do you happen to have a copy of the recovery floppy disks?