Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Questions battery AA and AAA and battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
1 How to preserve a sony cycle energy battery charger correctly?

2 How to properly store battery Sony Cycle Energy AA and AAA Ni-HM that will not be used for a long time and avoid degradation and leaks?

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
The operating instructions for the Sony Cycle Energy Ni-MH battery charger says that it simply has a 7 hours timer,
it does not measure when a battery is fully charged. Therefore it can over-charge and damage batteries that are already charged or are partially charged. They recommend completely discharging the batteries before charging them. I have a similar stupid charger and I have a smart charger that measures the batteries and turns off when they are fully charged.

I have a 9V Ni-MH battery that I have had new and unused for about 10 years. I charged it and tried to use it but it did not work. I phoned the customer service of the manufacturer and complained about it. They sent me a cheque for me buy another battery but I bought something else instead. I have many AAA and AA Ni-MH batteries that work fine. They are almost always charged. I have never had a Ni-MH battery leak, even the very cheap Chinese ones in my solar garden lights.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
1 I want to save my battery charger sony cycle energy

2 I already had leaking batteries, Ni-HM batteries AA and AAA do not leak?

3 how to properly store Ni-HM rechargeable batteries to preserve them?

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
The circuit in the Sony Cycle Energy charger is very simple so it will probably last for many years in a drawer.

All Chinese "super-heavy-duty" batteries leak even before they are sold. All my Duracell alkaline batteries leaked. But none of my Energizer alkaline batteries leaked and they are guaranteed not to leak.

Some of my cheap Chinese Ni-Cad batteries leaked but the cheap Chinese Ni-MH batteries did not leak but many did not work.

Energizer's Ni-MH battery Manual says a Ni-MH battery will last 5 years or less. They say to store them in a cool dry place with a charge. The new ones will hold a charge for 1 year so charge them each year they are not used.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
What is the circuit used in the Sony Cycle Energy battery charger and how do I store and preserve it? Voltage surges reduce its useful life?

Duracell leaks? Duracell is a respected brand, I've never had a Energizer battery, what's inside the Energizer that does not leak? Sony Cycle energy leak?

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
I was wondering why you want to preserve things. Are you going to jail for many years?
The circuit in the Sony charger is very simple. It will probably still work when you are released from jail.
The electricity in most countries has no surges. If yours has surges then use a surge limiter thing.
I have never seen a Sony battery.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
Rechargeable AA and AAA battery Ni-MH automatically degrades if stored for years without use? I did not talk about losing the charger energy 70, 60% load but rather on not having the possibility of 100% ex charge anymore. 2500mah I will recharge in the future 100% = 2000mah

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
I said that I stored a Ni-MH battery without use and without charging it for a number of years and it did not work.
I also said, "Energizer's Ni-MH battery Manual says a Ni-MH battery will last 5 years or less. They say to store them in a cool dry place with a charge. The new ones will hold a charge for 1 year so charge them each year they are not used.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
1 did you say you stored your AA or AAA battery for a number of years and it did not work but if you had charged the battery it would work?

2 if I make a charge per year and keep the AA and AAA stored unused will it ever live?

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
1 did you say you stored your AA or AAA battery for a number of years and it did not work but if you had charged the battery it would work?
It was an old 9V Ni-MH battery. Energizer Battery Company who made it says that new Ni-MH batteries should be charged every year is they are stored. I have an Energizer 9V Ni-MH battery in a VU sound level meter that has been trickle-charging for about 8 years and it still works. I bought it at the same time I bought the one I stored and it failed. It replaced an old 9V Ni-Cad battery that failed when it was trickle-charged for a few years. A trickle-charge for a Ni-MH battery must be at a very low current.

2 if I make a charge per year and keep the AA and AAA stored unused will it ever live?
Only for new technology Ni-MH batteries made within about 2 years as developed by Sanyo (now owed by Panasonic) for their batteries called Eneloop. This new technology holds a charge for 1 year and a new Energizer package says "Charge lasts up to 4x longer" and a new Duracell package says "50% longer lasting charge for the first 200 charges". The battery is guaranteed for 5 years.

Hee, hee. When will you be released from jail so that you can use your stored batteries? Why store them? Buy them when you get out of jail, pass GO and collect $200.00.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
If the AA and AAA Ni-MH battery is stored without the possibility of 100% recharge the battery from the manufacturing is always possible even after 10 years or more? ex. Always 2500mah

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
I do not know what you are saying. "The battery from the manufacturing" might be that you are asking about if a battery is stored without a full charge for 10 years and it does not hold a charge then will it be replaced?
My Energizer 9V Ni-MH battery was stored for about 8 years and it did not work when I opened the package for the first time so I phoned the manufacturer and they sent me a cheque to buy a new one.

I have many AA and AAA Ni-MH batteries and some fail after a couple of years so I phone the manufacturer, tell them the code printed on the battery which says when it was made and usually they send me a coupon for a store to give me a free replacement if the battery is within the 3 years or 5 years guarantee period. Old batteries were guaranteed for 3 years, new batteries (the Eneloop kind) are guaranteed for 5 years.

I do not measure the mAh, instead I have the battery that I am testing and a newer battery both driving the same LED products and if the battery I am testing fails soon then I phone the manufacturer and tell them it failed.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
My doubt: a battery AA and AAA Ni-MH manufactured with 2100mah, after more than 10 years stored without use it can store 2100mah?

Status
Not open for further replies.