Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayan

Aug 13, 2017
Hi guys

I'm new to the electronics and i have a question , i would appreciate if you answer it

i really like telecommunications

I want to make radio waves ( just radio waves , i don't want to transfer any data with it ) , i don't mean a FM radio transmmiter , i just want to make a circuit that generates radio waves

Thank you

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
At what frequency are you planning on doing this? I hope you don't want to build an RF transmitter. What do you want to do with these radio wave. Radio involves the transmission of information.
Thanks
Adam

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Nearly all form of transmitted radio waves requires the obtaining of a license before you are allowed to do so - there are , however, certain frequencies and power levels where such requirements are less stringent and even not required but YOU have to make that determination.

But just 'making radio waves' is a pointless exercise unless you have a use for it. Indeed, radio waves that are made without purpose are considered 'interference' and generally not permitted, largely frowned upon and can land you a hefty fine if you get caught doing it.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
i just want to make a circuit that generates radio waves

take strong heed of KE's post

Nearly all form of transmitted radio waves requires the obtaining of a license before you are allowed to do so - there are , however, certain frequencies and power levels where such requirements are less stringent and even not required but YOU have to make that determination.

But just 'making radio waves' is a pointless exercise unless you have a use for it. Indeed, radio waves that are made without purpose are considered 'interference' and generally not permitted, largely frowned upon and can land you a hefty fine if you get caught doing it.

These are called the ISM ( industrial, scientific and Medical ) bands used for car/garage door openers, remote control (RC) of model planes etc

in most countries, including yours, you can experiment here with very low power and without a licence
For you in the USA, the FCC (the Federal Communications Commission) control all transmissions on the radio spectrum, allocating licences to people to operate radio gear
on specific frequencies

Dave

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
Nearly all form of transmitted radio waves ...

...requires the obtaining of a license and can land you a hefty fine if you get caught doing it.

----> Just call anyone on your cell phone and say nothing. Or text no typing.

Radio operator licenses are the saddest joke. The idiot FCC mandates to inoffensive ham radio operators to have a license and 99.9% of illegal criminal content radio traffic is on cell phones that do not need license to operate by any crook in anonimity.

And for whoever thought otherwise, cell phones do transmit radio. They are radio transceivers. But the FCC is too busy collecting juicy radio spectrum fee$; it is easier and pays. Does not matter if drugs are transacted, or detonations are triggered.

Last edited:

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Does not matter if drugs are transacted, or detonations are triggered.
This activity is NOT within the purview of the FCC. There are other three-letter agencies with big antennas, sensitive receivers and spectrum analyzers, powerful mainframe networked computers, and supporting staff of language translators, crypto-analysists and black ops personnel working the international drug trade and terrorists networks. The less you hear about them, the better they are doing their job.

As for cell-phone detonators, the military and other government agencies routinely use microwave jammers to defeat these. Sorry if you were inconvenienced. You are aware that the NSA monitors and records all cell phone traffic, right? Well, maybe you are not aware that information goes into the NSA but nothing is ever publicly revealed, barring traitors like Edward Snowden. For many years the NSA was so secret that to those who even heard the acronym it meant No Such Agency.

The FCC, OTOH, is high profile and chronically under-budgeted and under-staffed. Why begrudge them for selling a little spectrum space? My understanding is that the United States claims all the radio spectrum (DC to light) and the FCC is the sole agency responsible for allocating it. I think the FCC has been quite generous in allocating spectrum to licensed amateur radio operators, but hams must remain eternally vigilant because there are plenty of people who covet the ham radio spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.