Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Python

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
What is the engineer embedded in? Perhaps a shovel is a better tool.

Jokes aside, I use python commercially. It's not going to run as fast as C, and imho a ducktyped interpreted language is not something you want to use for firmware.

However, someone at my local hackerspace is using python on a raspberry pi to control a vending machine. Realistically you could probably do the same thing faster in C on a pic.

It has concepts that are very different to C++. Those things will trip you up for quite a while. But if you like cryptic C code, you can write fairly obscure stuff in Python too.

Having said that, the basic concepts are pretty simple if you've already learned a few languages. I picked up the basics in a couple of days before I interviewed for my current job.

Be prepared to learn some new and unusual data types, some which seem almost identical but which differ in important and non obvious ways (tuples vs lists). Mutability anyone? Structure vs order?

pavankukkala

Mar 25, 2014
Thanks for the Info. dude.
I too learnt basics of python.
I want more info. like in which domain we use this python like automotive, robotics, etc.
And how the python will be useful for debugger,developer and tester in technical field as I was a student of B-Tech of stream ECE

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I want more info. like in which domain we use this python like automotive, robotics, etc.

Well, I'm currently part of a team using it to write a large multi-user system for data analysis.