Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Power supply failure?

gnusmag45

Sep 3, 2018
Hi Guys,

My projector suddenly won't turn on anymore, there is no burnt smell, all the capacitors on the power supply look ok from the outside.
Iv'e checked voltage on the mains input terminals on the power supply board, seems to be ok at around 240V, though when i check the voltage across the fuse just next to it, my multi-meter shows 0V. Iv'e checked the fuse for continuity and it seems fine, and visually it doesn't look burnt. What can be the issue? I also got zapped by the large capacitor on the other side of the board (not visible in the photo), so the current does seem to flow over the board.

Attachments

• 20180902_002906.jpg
    20180902_002906.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 41

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Those projectors have many protection circuits built-in to them - they can operate when the lamp is blown, over heating, short-circuit, over-voltage etc.

Check all the usual suspects first (as per the instruction manual) before condemning the power supply.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Why for . . . you no give projector brand and model number ?
Considering that is feeding a metal halide high pressure lamp, how many years does the lamp have on it ?

" My munneys on de 'bub "
73's de Edd

gnusmag45

Sep 3, 2018
Why for . . . you no give projector brand and model number ?
Considering that is feeding a metal halide high pressure lamp, how many years does the lamp have on it ?

" My munneys on de 'bub "
73's de Edd
Hi,
That's a Chinese no-name projector, i mean it have dozen of different name all over the place, mine was called Excelvan Led5081, it uses a led light and an LCD to project. I have had it for about 3 years, but the LED ones suppose to last considerably longer than their lamps counterparts.