Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Power Source Model 40 Schematic Help

Mallard

Aug 20, 2014
Hi I have a Power Source Battery Charger, Power Supply, 40 AMP, Model PC40 and I have the hand drawn schematic for the PC30. The Q2 IRF740 transistor (board 2) is burned out and has melted the 3 variable resistors in front of it. Their is 4 variable resistors on this number 2 board, all are labled 250 527m and are refered to as 250 variable resistors. I need to know what their values are and where I can buy them. Also I read on an old post that someone had the schematic for the PC40 and if so could you e-mail them to me?
Thanks Mallard

Mallard

Aug 20, 2014
Got any pictures?
Adam
No but they are Phier Spain 250 527m . I pulled a good one from the board and it read 250 ohm. I would like to know what the 527m means. Is their an amp, watt or a voltage value for this resistor? The resistor is about 3/8 inch in dia. through the hole adj.

Thanks Mallard

Last edited:

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Also I read on an old post that someone had the schematic for the PC40 and if so could you e-mail them to me?
You may find that other people do not use the search function or google for answering someone else's question as you may hope. Can you link the old post, and do you have the name of the original poster that had the schematic?

No but they are Phier Spain 250 527m . I pulled a good one from the board and it read 250 ohm. I would like to know what the 527m means. Is their an amp, watt or a voltage value for this resistor? The resistor is about 3/8 inch in dia. through the hole adj.
Pictures are worth a thousand words Mallard. If you can take one it would be very helpful.
As far as that designation is concerned, stick around and someone may shed light on the 527m

Mallard

Aug 20, 2014
You may find that other people do not use the search function or google for answering someone else's question as you may hope. Can you link the old post, and do you have the name of the original poster that had the schematic?

Pictures are worth a thousand words Mallard. If you can take one it would be very helpful.
As far as that designation is concerned, stick around and someone may shed light on the 527m
  1. avatar_m.png

Reitan
    Todd Engineering Sales, Inc. Model PC 40 Power Source

Sirs,

I have successfully repaired a Todd Engineering Sales, Inc. Model PC 40 power source. I drew a schmatic diagram and I would be delighted to share that with those of you that would like to have one.

I found two open 62K ohm resistors that are in parallel in the zener voltage regulator circuit that powers the PWM IC circuit. Also a N channel power MESH MOSFET was bad in one of the PC boards.

In exchange I am searching for a schmatic diagram to a Todd Engineering Sales, Inc. power source battery charger/ power supply, model PC30B.

I hope this will be of some help.

This is the post that I got from google. Thanks Mallard