Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Please Help reusing speakers

LGee

Sep 25, 2017
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg can this CD player/ (mainly) these speakers be hooked up to this old sharp tv?? I don't even know where to start..... I'm so seriously amateur hour :( anybody? Please?

Last edited:

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
The speakers are probably 8ohm- 4ohm, you will need speaker output jacks, audio out won't cut it.
Usually they have the Red/Blk terminations shown,.
M.

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
Your photos are too small to see anything and you did not label what they are.
Does the TV have connections for external speakers or does it have connections for an external amplifier that drives speakers?

1) What is the first photo that shows 11 RCA jacks?
2) The middle photo shows a "thing" with a fan and with speaker output connections. What is the "thing"?
3) What are the 3 RCA connections on the 3rd photo?
4) Why do you talk about a CD player that has nothing to do with the TV?

LGee

Sep 25, 2017
The 1st photo is the back of the tv. The 2nd photo the back of the speakers I'm hoping to use? The speakers came with the CD player.... I clearly have no idea what I'm doing..... Anybody want to tell me what RCA means?Sorry for my ignorance!

LGee

Sep 25, 2017
How can I help yall to help me? I thought the pics might help but i clearly do not have a clue

LGee

Sep 25, 2017
The speakers are probably 8ohm- 4ohm, you will need speaker output jacks, audio out won't cut it.
Usually they have the Red/Blk terminations shown,.
M.
Can I pick up these speaker output jacks or if they aren't there the answer is "no these 2 things cannot work together"

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
You need an audio power amp. The outputs from the TV go into the power amp, and the power amp has speaker outputs that you connect to the speakers.

Bob

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The connectors on the back of your TV are mostly RCA connectors. Three of the RCA sockets have RCA plugs in them.

These connectors are normally used for low power signals, but I have seen them used for speaker connections on cheap equipment. In any case these all look like inputs to your TV. (Unless the two on the far left are line level audio output)

The speakers you have seem to connect to the CD player using bare wire where you push on a tab, insert the wire then release the tab. That means the cable doesn't have a connector on it, so you would have to fit one unless the TV had the same sort of speaker connections (which presumably it doesn't).

It is possible that 2 of the RCA sockets on the back of your TV (the red and black ones on the left of your first image) are an audio output. Your CD player has a line input socket (looks like a 3.5mm socket). If you get a cable that has a stereo 3.5mm plug on one end and 2 RCA plugs in the other, you may be able to connect the TV to the CD player, set the current player to AUX, and play the TV though the CD player.

LGee

Sep 25, 2017
Wow! Holy Smokes & Thank You So Much! I really appreciate your time, effort & thorough reply! Thank You Again! :)

The connectors on the back of your TV are mostly RCA connectors. Three of the RCA sockets have RCA plugs in them.

These connectors are normally used for low power signals, but I have seen them used for speaker connections on cheap equipment. In any case these all look like inputs to your TV. (Unless the two on the far left are line level audio output)

The speakers you have seem to connect to the CD player using bare wire where you push on a tab, insert the wire then release the tab. That means the cable doesn't have a connector on it, so you would have to fit one unless the TV had the same sort of speaker connections (which presumably it doesn't).

It is possible that 2 of the RCA sockets on the back of your TV (the red and black ones on the left of your first image) are an audio output. Your CD player has a line input socket (looks like a 3.5mm socket). If you get a cable that has a stereo 3.5mm plug on one end and 2 RCA plugs in the other, you may be able to connect the TV to the CD player, set the current player to AUX, and play the TV though the CD player.