Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Please help with alarm panel

James R Thomas

Oct 31, 2017
I am on crutches it used to be no problem arming my 1555 system and getting out the door before the alarm went off now I can't make it I need to know how to set the system to allow more time before I close the door thanks for any help

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
I assume you have a DSC PC1555, since I don't know of any other panel with that number.

Two questions:
(1) Do you have your Installer Code? This is a different code from your Master or User's Code. It's not impossible to program without it, but it's a major undertaking. You would have to default your system and program everything from scratch, which would entail figuring out how your system is currently programmed in the first place. If you don't have your Installer Code, you might be able to get it from the installing dealer.

(2) Do you have and LCD keypad (that displays words), or just an LED keypad (that displays only LED indicators)? Either will work, but the programming instructions are different.

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
No, read the thread again, Tha. I'm not sure how you got a 30 second maximum from it, but 30 seconds is about the minimum exit delay you can program into a panel these past few years. Some panels won;'t let you have less than 45. The industry is trying to reduce false alarms caused by customer error. For some reason, users chronically need more time to exit than to enter. Go figure.

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
I stand corrected.
Hopefully the link is helpful in reprogramming to a longer duration.

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
Afterthought: @James, I hope I didn't make the situation sound hopeless if you don't have the Installer Code, or can't find it. The next step would be to try the default code, 5555, which might have been left unchanged. If that doesn't work, we can talk about a hardware hack as one alternative to defaulting the panel and programming from scratch.

At some point you should download the Installation Manual, but be aware that it was written for professionals and you may not find it DIY-friendly.
file:///C:/Users/Phil/Downloads/Power632_v2-3_IM_EN_NA_29003299_R000%20(1).PDF

But I'm waiting for answers to my questions before going any further with branching If-Then contingencies.