Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pioneer SX-SW515 - missing controller.

GamingAddict

Apr 26, 2017
A while ago, i got a pretty good sub from a thrift shop with inbuilt amplifier, but it had its controller missing, i have the speaker hooked up to an amp that i already had, but i wouldnt say that the quality is great, but the main question is, can i somehow create a controller for it ? I would like to try the amplifier.

The picture isnt mine, but ive marked what i should 'hack into'. That is the controller connector.

vNW0lezNRq_HHExCtO-D-g.png

If i could, i would salvage the amplifier chips inside the amplifier, but the problem is that theyre SMD and im completely not into that. The chips are TAS5142

GamingAddict

Apr 26, 2017
And if someone can, and 'hacking' a controller for a system like this isnt possible, could you link a good/cheap ( Not more than 30 Euros) multichannel amplifier or amplifier chips that arent SMD ?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
There is a remote control available for tha device that looks like your standard TV remote - nothing like the 'display' that plugs into the port but since that particular device will be as rare as rocking horse sh1t you could do worse than get a normal remote and use it with that - only $20 or so on eBay.

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
Kelly,
Never heard that expression before "as rare as rocking horse shit"...
Rocking horses are a rarity by themselves these days.;)

That's a lesson as well ...

GamingAddict

Apr 26, 2017
But how will i be able to use the remote if i dont have the controller thing, isnt the ir reciever in the controller?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
But how will i be able to use the remote if i dont have the controller thing, isnt the ir reciever in the controller?
It may be... sadly the only manuals I can find online to see the technical spec etc are from 'pay' sites and I abhor such policies and refuse to use them.

If the IR receiver is in that remote module then you're stuck with sourcing one.

myoteza

Nov 18, 2017
I have the same problem.Already install ir receiver.I tested with mi remote but can only used power on/off.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
If you can find the internal IR receiver circuitry it 'may' use a dedicated receiver/controller chip, in which case the protocols will be widely available and easily replicated.

Sadly, many IR-controlled devices use receivers that feed directly to the central processor where it's all done in software - problem.....