Pioneer Spec 4 Amplifier part substitutions

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by mrmodify, Mar 14, 2018.

1. mrmodify

mrmodify

Hi all,

I have a Spec 4 amp that has fried the left channel. I can go in and test parts and find what the problem is but I don't trust myself on part substitutions

I have contacted Mouser to try to find cross-references on the parts I will be needing. They had very few replacements. I have crossed all my parts to NTE which I have never had a problem with but I have read that they are not a very good option to use. I also have found my parts on EBay but I don't want to use that option either. I think Ebay would be worse than NTE.

So I am asking if there is anyone out there who has substituted parts list for a amplifier section of a Spec 1 amp?

If I do not have to have matching pairs or as the manual says certain parts should have the same Hfe then all I will need is the following parts.

I am needing Q3 & 4 - 2SB554, Q6 - 2SA733-Q, Q8 - 2SC1904A-V, Q9 - 2SA899A-V, Q11 - 2SB628A-R, Q13 - 2SC945A-Q, & D@ & 3 - SV-04.
    I would really like to get this old girl up and going again if possible.

Thanks
    John

mrmodify, Mar 14, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. mrmodify

WHONOES

WHONOES, Mar 14, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. mrmodify

73's de Edd

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    73's de Edd, Mar 14, 2018
  4. mrmodify

mrmodify

Thanks Whonoes & 73's de Edd,

I did find a couple of transistor in the cross that is a big help, And Mouser contacted me today with the exact same outputs Mr. 73's de Edd posted.

Thanks Men

mrmodify, Mar 17, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question