Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PCI Data Acquisition and signal processing controller

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hi to all.
I have got this real hard task, ok some might see it straight away.
So i will give as much detail as i can, in hope some one out there can point me in the right direction.
Ive picked up an Siemens Fujitsu ESPRIMO E5905 - P4 641 3.2 GHz pc.
It all works fine apart from three missing drivers, i have tried to explore this device, and seen every thing from suggestions of GPS signaling, to thermal sense control.

Some detail, yellow question mark 1. PCI Data Acquisition and signal processing controller.

yellow question mark 2. SM Bus controller.

yellow question mark 3. ON PCI standard ISA Bridge.

The detail for the first is as far as ive got it is as follows Detail : PCI \ VEN _ 8086 & SUBSYS _ 00001734 & REV _00 \ 3 & B1BFB 68 & 0 & FE

This is the first yellow question marks detail.
I have found two web sites but have failed to find the driver as yet, trying to install them via the normal device manager route fails returning the code 28. I have googled this but am getting conflicting results, some pointers in the right direction would be really helpful. The web sites i thought the drivers might be in are the links below.

I still dont know what this device is, or what it does.
Any help much appreciated. :)

http://cvsup.hu.freebsd.org/viewvc/FreeBSD/src/share/misc/pci_vendors?r1=1.41&r2=1.33.2.2

http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/8086

Thanks for looking. :)

Last edited:

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
Last edited:

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Thanks Jackorocko for the links, the only hardware in the pci slots is a dvi card, but that's not showing under video adapters etc, is the drivers i am looking for a mother board driver chip set or some thing, i cant even establish what this thing is, or does, other than what ive found as said in my opening post, i will try the links, thanks again. :)

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Well i tried it, all the drivers are there, so thanks again for the link, but i dont know what the device is, let alone install the drivers, i entered key words for the device in the search box and it returned no results found, frustrating or what, it would be ok if i could find out whats the device is, and what it does, ive noticed no strange system behavior, ahhhh its doing my head in, HELP, what is it ? what does it do ? is it a censor of some kind, or GPS was mentioned on another site, ive even seen signal generator mentioned on another site. :(

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Not an excellent picture, but this screen shot is the best i can offer at the minute, ive posted it as its showing its location in the device managers list. :)

Photo0006a.jpg

Last edited:

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Thanks again for the link Jackorocko.

A bit of perseverance and it paid off, the missing drivers where in the usb list of devices when the updates / drivers installed, but not visible before the update, that's why i could not work out what they where, they say enhanced broad com usb tpi or some thing similar, any way thanks again. :)

wise119

Jun 9, 2016
ICP DAS USA offers PC based solutions for your data acquisition needs. PCI data acquisition boards offer cutting edge data acquisition capabilities for your industrial control needs. The ICP DAS DIO and PCI data acquisition boards are available in a bevy of digital and analog configurations, which are communicable via standard PC-104 slots, as well as capable of interfacing with other modules and devices via alternate communication protocols. PC based DAQ supports plug and play. They sold some of these cost effective ISA/ PCI data acquisition cards. That can be easily installed in any desktop PC. They provide driver for them also.
http://www.icpdas-usa.com/pcidataacquisition.php
thumb.php