Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Parts to a good home

huttojb

May 3, 2015
All.

I have many electronic components looking for a new home.

Many hybrid, resisters and General items. Many items 1% tolerance. I live in Birmingham UK and don't really want to throw these away. Is anyone interested and is there any members from my region.

Jason.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi Jason,
I am not in your region per se', but am only down the (long) road in London..
I would pay for postage if it didn't cost more than the items. And if you were able to post?

If not, there a couple of members closer to you!
Nice of you to even think about offering them out..:)

Martin

ecollen

Jul 31, 2015
All.

I have many electronic components looking for a new home.

Many hybrid, resisters and General items. Many items 1% tolerance. I live in Birmingham UK and don't really want to throw these away. Is anyone interested and is there any members from my region.

Jason.
Nice to see your offer, Jason. That's exactly the way I feel. Unforunately, I don't come into consideration for getting them, being 6000 miles away! Why don't you send them off to Martin though, he would put them to good use

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Thanks Errol,
I can't believe how many nice people are still 'alive'..
I would like to change my original post and pay for the postage to S. Africa!!!!
Jason, let me know and I will sort it out!:)
My cyber mate MJL Is in the states now. But still has many contacts to ensure post gets to him!!
I could also add another package to Errol too!!!

Martin

ecollen

Jul 31, 2015
Thanks Errol,
I can't believe how many nice people are still 'alive'..
I would like to change my original post and pay for the postage to S. Africa!!!!
Jason, let me know and I will sort it out!:)
My cyber mate MJL Is in the states now. But still has many contacts to ensure post gets to him!!
I could also add another package to Errol too!!!

Martin
Hi Martin
I believe we must all do our bit to ensure that "parts" like those aren't lost. Thanks for the thought, but don't risk posting to South Africa. There's a very strong likelihood of them then really being lost.
Yes, I must still contact your mate MJL, but regrettably we remain at the mercy of the Post Office, so for the time being I might as well be on Mars!
Cheers,
Errol

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
I will email Martin in the morning and get an update. But companies send him £thousands of equipment.
I will reply here tomorrow.
BTW, Jason might want somebody around the corner to pick them up!! Or bin them!!

Martin

huttojb

May 3, 2015
Martin,

Definitely, if you want to pay for postage I'll get them over to you. Didn't think this would get this much attention.

I think if I can help someone in my way, when I need help I hope to get some support. So happy to send them you.

Message me your email and I'll contact you to see what you want and arrange postage. I'll send them to you and when you receive you can refund the exact postage on the box. Not looking to make any money.

I have loads of resistors 1% tol, values that I would never use. Hybrids of cct's that I would never use. A load of NVM ICs and many others to say the least.

Out of interest, what do you do?

Jason.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi Jason,
That is very kind of you. Thank you.
I will do the same and share with Errol in SA..
I am a carpenter by trade, but have loved electronics since a kid!
Without friends online and forums like this, I would still be wondering what happens when you connect 240v N&L together!
I am learning as much and as fast as I can with the friendly forum members....
My math is just terrible and my brain switches off! But I have a good friend that really helps me out!.

Martin

ecollen

Jul 31, 2015
Hi Jason,
That is very kind of you. Thank you.
I will do the same and share with Errol in SA..
I am a carpenter by trade, but have loved electronics since a kid!
Without friends online and forums like this, I would still be wondering what happens when you connect 240v N&L together!
I am learning as much and as fast as I can with the friendly forum members....
My math is just terrible and my brain switches off! But I have a good friend that really helps me out!.

Martin
Hi Martin & Jason
Glad to hear the "transaction" is working out.
You just carry on sharing your knowledge with me, Martin. That will be of enormous value to me. You're right about the value of this forum. I've only been here a short time and have already learned so many things.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Yes this is what it is all about.... helping others. It's like one big happy family here, well most of the time :). EDA board could learn a thing or three from this forum.
Adam

huttojb

May 3, 2015
Martin, had your personal conversation, thanks.

I'm sorting out components to send to you, currently I'm away from home and back Thursday night so will complete over the weekend.

Speak soon

Jason

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Lovely Jason,
You can be my Santa this year!
I don't suppose there are any Blondes', 5' 8" among the items?
I thought not!
Thanks Jason, much appreciated. If you reply with your PP, I can make sure you wont be out of pocket!

Martin

huttojb

May 3, 2015
Martin,

Blinds, 5'8"....... I have a friend call Mark.... Lol, be careful what you wish for and make sure it's specific!! Lol

No problem, we will sort it out once you receive. I'll text you on your mobile at some point and we can discuss offline.

Jason.