Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Panasonic f61 Help

diplomat 1

Jun 19, 2013
Hello guys i know this problem is a hard one to figure out and is a wide spread one too. I have a panasonic sa-pt950 and today i had it hooked up to my computer through AUX cable and i had it on the floor and by accident stepped on the cable on the computer side and a noise came through the speakers and then shut off by itself. When i tryed to turn it on a f61 code came on. I googled this problem and the inside of my unit is clean and the back fan is clean. I dont know what to do. Also when i try to turn it on now the fan spins for about 5 seconds when i press the power button but stops when the f61 comes on and when the unit turns off. Any help would be appreciated alot. Thanks

diplomat 1

Jun 19, 2013
Its a home theater sound system like this

$T2eC16R,!)sE9swmZpDmBRSKHfg4h!~~60_35.JPG

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
ok on the unit :)

so what was the F61 code referring to ?

did you actually have the unit working before you stepped on the cable
and it only died after that ?

is it still under warranty ? return it is so

Dave

diplomat 1

Jun 19, 2013
Yes on the unit. I dont know what its referring to thats what iu am trying to figure out but it was working perfect before i stepped on the cable. Its not under warrenty,

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I couldnt imagine stepping on the cable woudl do any direct damage to the unit
BUT indirect damage may have been done...
Maybe it put stress on the connectors on the rear of the unit which in turn put stress on the circuit board and maybe caused physical damage

or it could be just coincidence that is failed when it did
to find the meaning of that error code, you will need a service manual .... going to panasonic or a panasonic authorised service centre may help

Dave

diplomat 1

Jun 19, 2013
I looked online it says its most likely the IC Amplifier or output transistor does that make sense? Here is the inside of the unit where are those parts?

k1ve.jpg

Please im trying to fix this without spending alot of money Thanks

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Please im trying to fix this without spending alot of money Thanks

I admire your enthuiasm but the chances will be very low without a service manual

your pic is a bit small and blurry to make out anything useful
need some really sharp and clear pics of just the circuit boards closer up view
do one of the back panel as well showing the connectors make sure the connector labels can be read :)

Dave

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
It sounds to me like when you stepped on the cable, you somehow shorted some
of the external wiring. Maybe at the connection jack, maybe the cable connectors to
the cable itself, or less-likely, the wires in the cable itself.
You probably have internal damage to your equipment now.
As noted above, you should have a service manual.
Before you attempt to fire the unit up again, I'd carefully check your conectors on the
unit, and replace the external cable.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi Dennis

that's the user manual, tho for some reason it wouldn't fully load and kept crashing
is that error code mentioned in the troubleshooting section ?

you still really need a service manual as I suggested in an earlier post... else you are never going to work out your way around the circuitry

Dave