Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Panasonic Bluray Home theatre systme throws error code

TheDragon

Jan 15, 2015
Hi all my first foray on this site. Hope you're all well.

I have an issue that needs help please and will be as thorough as possible.

OK, a few week ago my Panasonic SC-BT230 bluray theatre system suddenly stopped working.

When the power button is pressed :

The fans boots fast then a slow continuous.
The screen on the unit flashes "Please Wait"
Then a "Hello" appears, and after about a 2 - 4 seconds (it can vary) an error code F61 code flashes really fast and the unit switches off.
A few times the word "Hello" or "F61" does not have a chance to appear and the unit switches off.

A quick google of this common error, across many many panasonic models talk about the fan unit and cleaning it. So I have cleaned out the fan, though hardly any dust and then replaced it. The error still shows.

I have then temp swapped it for a similar sized computer fan of equal voltage and similar current values, but the error is still present.
I also tried it without the fan. same error.
I wondered if the sense line of the fan was at fault, but the computer fan should rule that out.

The speaker connections are propriety and colour coded, so cannot be shorted, and anyway it has been working over the years so could be ruled out. Secondly, it's in a secondary room, so does not get used as much.

There are no visual signs, burns, smells, or blown caps etc. The unit is out of warranty and though it's not the best system out there and I could replace it, but It seems such a waste of electronics if a simple fix could be reached, or a fix of sensibly value.

I'm not an electronics engineer, but have dabbled over the years, built PC's, replaced a few basic components here and there and have understood that capacitors can be the main culprits in many electronics.

So, after all this. Does anybody have a clue?

Much appreciated

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Hello
Have you checked to see if any fuses have blown? Apparently three things cause this error message. Fans, Speakers wired incorrectly or damaged amplifier IC's.
Thanks
Adam

TheDragon

Jan 15, 2015
Hello
Have you checked to see if any fuses have blown? Apparently three things cause this error message. Fans, Speakers wired incorrectly or damaged amplifier IC's.
Thanks
Adam

The only fuse I can see is a T4AH 250v F1 and I tested it to be ok. Basic multimeter continuity check?