Old IC chips

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Schematics, Manuals and Parts' started by gafelectronics, Dec 27, 2016.

1. gafelectronics

gafelectronics

I have a few very old (1970's) new in packaging chips I am looking for information on. You will see one that is part# DG511BP, I have these is blister packs and one of the packs the chips have a gold plate covering the entire front and back while the other packs only have the smaller plate on the front and none on the back. The full plate is 1973 while the others are 1978.

I am looking for what they are and value. I think they are some kind of memory chip but wanted to check. Any help would be great!

Attached Files:

gafelectronics, Dec 27, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. gafelectronics

chopnhack

The SNJ54LS30J is a 8 input NAND gate. Largely replaced by modern mcu's. If they are real gold, the value is in the weight of the element.

chopnhack, Dec 27, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. gafelectronics

gafelectronics

Thank you very much. I should have given information on the other chips I posted a picture of. The one you referred to was silver, which I had never seen before.

There is also a purple with gold colored plate NC7040LC that I know nothing about. The original post talked about the BG511BP and I said it was 1978, those actually say 1975 except the all gold ones that at 1973. If they are not worth much or anything I will just add them to my small collection and hope my grandchildren might make a few dollars on them.

Thanks again for you reply Chopnhack.

4. gafelectronics

Herschel Peeler

DG511 sounds like a FET switch. NS54LSxxx is military quality temperature range of 74LSxxx.
    Most of the others I couldn't read. an you post text of what is on them?
    I have a lot of references for old chips, non-74xxx TTL, DTL and such.

Herschel Peeler, Dec 27, 2016
  5. gafelectronics

gafelectronics

They are as follows;

DG511BP -both fully covered in gold colored plate, front and back. Also just front with gold plate in center. The part# is the same for both.

NC7040LC - this is the purple chip with gold plate and gold line going to the left.

SNJ54LS30J - the picture does not shot it but it is silver colored (not silver material, just the color of silver).

6. gafelectronics

gafelectronics

I wrote the DG511BP wrong. One picture is that part# with a chip fully covered in gold colored plate, front and back. The other is a centered gold colored plate on front only but the same part#.

7. gafelectronics

shrtrnd

If you're wondering what they might be worth, Google the part number and see what hits you get.
    You should be able to find the 'data sheet' on each device, specifying what it is exactly; and you'll
    probably see sites that might list them for sale, to see their approximate value.
    They're older devices and not in great demand for somebody like you trying to sell them.
    Typically, some company tries to buy them cheap, then sit on them in inventory in the event somebody
    looks for one, then that company tries to make a killing on the price.
    If I was you, with apparently not much experience in electronic components; you might consider listing
    them on eBay, and see if you can find somebody who would give you something worthwhile for them.
    Just a thought.

shrtrnd, Jan 3, 2017
  8. gafelectronics

Herschel Peeler

Not much unless you have pounds of them. There is only a breath of gold on them.

Herschel Peeler, Jan 5, 2017
    davenn likes this.
  9. gafelectronics

gafelectronics

I know they most likely have no value in the market for use. I sell electronic components on ebay already and came across these which I can not find a datasheet on so I came here. As for the knowledge of electronics, I have been in the electrical/electronics field since 1988 so I know a little. I do not know what these are or I would not take up your time. I am sorry to sound angry, I just seem to get the same type of answer on professional electronic msg boards. Everyone appears to be an expert in electronics, which I don't doubt around here, but no one seems to have any information on these chips. The best I got about a year ago was they are some type of memory but I really need a datasheet. I sell electronic components as a spare time thing so it is not that important but I would like to find out what these little guys are. Buy the way, not as a pitch but I am trying to sell off my entire inventory to make the little lady happy, it consist of around 5 million pieces from 1970 - 2014. If you want to ever make your wife mad just start dumping tens of thousands into a hobby and promise riches from your eBay plans LOL.

Thank you all very much and I apologize for getting a little frustrated.

Best Regards,

George Foster

gafelectronics, Jan 16, 2017
  10. gafelectronics

gafelectronics

I definitely don't want to sell them for precious metals, I would never destroy part of the electronics history for a couple dollars.

Best Regards,

George

gafelectronics, Jan 16, 2017
  11. gafelectronics

shrtrnd

I've got about 20 years more than you do in this game.
    These are your problems:
    1) The guys who designed these aren't just retired, most of them are dead.
    2) The instruments they went into are obsolete, so you get lucky if somebody is trying to resurrect an instrument that's not used anymore.
    3) I have tried to connect with engineers for years who worked with these devices. The companies that made them
    keep selling themselves to each other and dropping product lines when they do to make room for new ones.
    4)VERY few of them bothered to transfer their data sheets on the old product lines into computer format, because
    it wasn't cost effective for the company's bottom line.
    5) You are looking for data sheets about 30 years after most everybody considered them obsolete.
    6) Have you considered trying an ebay store, where you list all of your inventory, and hope somebody
    will be looking for some of what you have, or are you listing them individually, and hoping you catch somebody while your post lasts?
    7)I believe you are causing yourself unnecessary angst worrying about finding data sheets. Someone who wants your parts will want them as replacements, not for new designs. That person may already have the data sheet for whatever instrument they are trying to repair, or is disinterested in anything except the part they're looking for.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    shrtrnd, Jan 17, 2017
    1. Advertisements